Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
not by alot. So getting rid of a potential star who is already in our first team for a guy whos never played in the premierleague, who is older than manga and who to be quite honest isnt as good as hyped.
Slagged royal on Bluemoon by many, a total waste of money according to some, if Mangala costs us say 6 points and doesn't improve as we hope, it could be disastrous to not swap him now.

Something must be close, as he now has asked not to take part in training....

Transfer News ‏@FootieWriter 5h5 hours ago
#MUFC and #MCFC target Otamendi close to leaving Valencia after he asked not to take part in training on Thursday. (Source - AS)
On Thursday.

Perhaps he doesn't like Thursdays & is just getting a complain in early ? Or it was old news ;)

It is strange though & does all point towards him leaving. But I still can't believe we are signing him.

Could it be, that the club see more potential improvement in Denayer than Mangala?
Is Mangala worth a try at LB? - We don't really need an attacking LB with the amount of pace and movement that Sterling, Silva, KDB and Aguero will provide.
If MDM isn't going to be first choice, then I can see him wanting to go home to Argentina. City might offer him a season at New York, you never know??

To be honest, I've never seen Otamendi play, but I hope he can the thug that our defence has been crying out for.

Don't know why everyone worries about Denayer. If he is as good as we claim he will get in the team on his own merit no matter who is in his way. End of the day if we sign Otamendi and no one leaves then Denayer goes and gets some Prem experience on loan and returns next season when MDM leaves
Because if we spend £30m on Otamendi, we will be pretty much obliged to play him, meaning Denayer will miss out and never get the chance to show how good he is.

Could it be, that the club see more potential improvement in Denayer than Mangala?
Is Mangala worth a try at LB? - We don't really need an attacking LB with the amount of pace and movement that Sterling, Silva, KDB and Aguero will provide.
If MDM isn't going to be first choice, then I can see him wanting to go home to Argentina. City might offer him a season at New York, you never know??

To be honest, I've never seen Otamendi play, but I hope he can the thug that our defence has been crying out for.

Far too last ditch & also poor at defending corners etc imo, (great at attacking them) but if we get him, I will bow to the superior knowledge of Pellegrini (or Guardiola) that they can iron those things out.

Because if we spend £30m on Otamendi, we will be pretty much obliged to play him, meaning Denayer will miss out and never get the chance to show how good he is.

That's assuming that Otamendi in doesn't equate to a player leaving. 4 centre halves is the optimum number, so the arrival of Otamendi you'd suspect would mean either Mangala or Demichelis would be leaving, if not then Denayer leaving for 12 months on loan, at which point Demichelis will likely have left, isn't the end of the world.

Jonas Giæver ‏@CheGiaevara 18m18 minutes ago
Plaza Deportiva saying that Manchester City have upped their bid for Nicolas Otamendi and are the closest to signing him.

Jonas Giæver ‏@CheGiaevara 17m17 minutes ago
Though the bid is not the €50m that Valencia want, Plaza report that Layhoon has travelled to Singapore to discuss the bid with Peter Lim.

Jonas Giæver ‏@CheGiaevara 17m17 minutes ago
Plaza report that City manager Manuel Pellegrini met with Otamendi during the Copa América and expressed his interest in him.

Jonas Giæver ‏@CheGiaevara 15m15 minutes ago
Plaza report that following the rejection from Diego Godín, Pellegrini has now decided Otamendi is the man that he wants in his defence.

Jonas Giæver ‏@CheGiaevara 13m13 minutes ago
Plaza report that City's bid was submitted on Thursday leading to Otamendi not wanting to take part in the match vs b team. Injury risk.

Jonas Giæver ‏@CheGiaevara 12m12 minutes ago
The ball is now in Valencia's court, Plaza say. They want to replace Otamendi with Garay or could tried to get Mangala in return from City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.