Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope ric is right and there is no mangala deal , but nearly everone reporting it is done :(

If Mangala goes on loan I can't see him playing for us again. As said he's 24 not 19, doesn't show a lot of faith after what should have been his bedding in season last season.

I agree mate....A chance has come along to upgrade the team with a world class defender, who is only 27yrs old and in his prime and we didnt want to miss. in my opinion, Mangala is having a great start to the season but if loaning him for one season means we can get this guy, then I think its worth it...we still get Mangala back next year and get a big upgrade at the position all in one move. Valencia are having money issues and I guess they wont be able to invest the money back into the team to buy a replacement for Otmanedi...so the deal would make sense for both teams.....

I'm with you. A clever clever move. A player of this quality might not be available next year when we need to replace Martin so we got Otamendi now by loaning them Mangala (which we might not have wanted but allowed us to beat United) next season Mangala comes back a better player and takes Martin's place.

It's actually not bad at all. Win win. The detractors will see how spot on this player is for the way we are going to play. I can understand Real Madrid wanting him.

Win win situation for us. I know it looks wrong but Mangala stays our player, Martin DeMichelis will need replacing in a year. Doesn't impede on Deneyars progress, next year Kompany, Mangala, Otamendi and Deneyar make up our CBs.
Totally agree. Despite Mangala's form Otamendi is currently the better player. We improve the team and keep Mangala ticking over at Valencia improving and learning rather than sitting on our bench.

Horrendous if true.

We're seeing the fruits of the labour of developing Mangala already, he as the rest of the team were fantastic again today. He hasn't put a foot wrong in the two games this season.

add the £10mil for Dzeko, the inability to understand the Pogba transfer prior to the window, the all round fuckwittery that has been the De Bruyne saga... It's not great.

This would really be a huge backwards move though, don't agree with it in the slightest.

Haven't got £10m for Dzeko yet, a years loan with an obligation to buy only if certain clauses are met. Two year loan for Jovetic as well, with obligatory buy in two years.

I've come in for a lot of flak for expressing scepticism of Txiki recently, but I think a critical eye is in order.

In 12 months time, when we have Kompany, Otamendi, Mangala and Denayer as our CB options, we will be praising this deal as an excellent deal for us. Yes Mangala has had a good start, but he will be able to continue this form in Spain and will only improve. Win-Win in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.