Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's a straight deal for Otemendi, fantastic.

If Mangala is included it's appaling. Defensive partnerships take time to mold. We're finally seeing the fruition of a settled squad and now we risk tearing it apart. Boeteng, Savic, Nastasic. We keep letting good Centrebacks leave. It's becoming a problem position of our own making.

In 12 months time, when we have Kompany, Otamendi, Mangala and Denayer as our CB options, we will be praising this deal as an excellent deal for us. Yes Mangala has had a good start, but he will be able to continue this form in Spain and will only improve. Win-Win in my opinion.
We won't... Only Denayer will accept a bench role, and that's only potentially depending on game time this season.

If Mangala goes, he won't come back... would you?

Mangala doesn't come back to sit on the bench. He'll be what 25/26?

Denayer will be another year senior and pushing for game time too.
Yeah let's not improve the team but instead wait for players to come good.

There's always next year.

Didn't even get in the Argentina world cup squad last summer. He's 27.

How is he in any way world class?

In my opinion.....as of this moment....Otamendi is a big upgrade on Mangala and gives us a better chance in CL. If this loan deal was the move that got this over the line then I think it was worth it. Mangala is having a great start to the season and i would much prefer to keep him in the squad this season BUT this one move takes care of the long term and short term plans for the position....all in one go! We get Mangala back next year and get an improvement in the short term as well? Whats not to like about this move? Hopefully the rumours are wrong about Mangala but if not I still see the position getting stronger with this signing and still get a 25yr old Mangala back next year....

This would be a sure fire way to ruin any buzz we get from dicking Chelsea.

I don't like the deal, loads of us on here don't like the deal. Add to that, the absolute mountain of abuse we'll get off the press for such a deal. Shambolic.

I can see the headlines:
" City send £40m player packing after 1 season just when he starts to look good"

If this deal is happening and Mangala going on loan dont you think city would of discussed this with him before hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.