Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horrendous if true.

We're seeing the fruits of the labour of developing Mangala already, he as the rest of the team were fantastic again today. He hasn't put a foot wrong in the two games this season.

add the £10mil for Dzeko, the inability to understand the Pogba transfer prior to the window, the all round fuckwittery that has been the De Bruyne saga... It's not great.

This would really be a huge backwards move though, don't agree with it in the slightest.
how so. when otamendi is better

seems strange as Mangala looked good at the back end of last season and has looked settled this season, i can understand the logic behind it I suppose and if Otamendi make us tighter then all the better.

Look at it from this angle, We are owed a significant amount of money for Negredo, the only way they can raise it is by selling Otamendi. He knows he is going and wants the PL, the rags are desperate to strengthen their defence and are in for him. Given these circumstances i can see why we would agree to the deal, we get stronger and have a replacement for MDM in place for next season while also stopping those raggy fuckers from strengthening. As long as Mangala remains part of our longer term plans i see no issue.

It also helps that Otamendi is a frickin crazy eyed bearded Argy who is mad as a box of frogs.

No but ifs it's not broken no need to fix springs to mind,this fella could be a beast of a defender but if he comes in and struggles like mangala in his first season then what...
When players of his quality come on the market you have to take the risk. What if Sterling had flopped, what if KDB flops.....

When does Lopes contact expire

Next summer. If we're loaning him to Valencia for 12 months then either, a) we've decided he's not good enough or b) he's decided he won't get the first team football he wants here so isn't signing a new deal or c) he'll sign a new deal before we loan him out.

Lopes going to Valencia as part of this deal makes more sense than Mangala.

Yeah let's not improve the team but instead wait for players to come good.

There's always next year.

You think it's improving the team... we chose Mangala over Otamendi, he didn't make the Argentina World Cup squad last season... MDM did. Just think about that for a second.

We've also just played a team, who under Pulis recorded 10 clean sheets in 18, and the Champions. We've barely showed them a glimpse of the goal.

He also never played in the PL and theres every chance he'll also take time to settle.

Any one who thinks an Otamendi/Mangala deal is improving us, is well wide of the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.