Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mangala did not struggle all season last year. Pundits said so, but they saw "large transfer fee" + "city player" and pretty much opened fire. To me, he had some sketchy matches but really was quite good overall and down the stretch in particular. And look at the clean sheets statistics with him playing versus him not. Certainly does not support the rag/dipper/sky pundit view if nothing else.

Now I am not going to rubbish the club's decision-making if this is true. They know best and have a track record that obviously should be respected. I am just really unhappy to hear that this is the plan if it truly is. I think this guy can be one of the best central defenders in the world and he is right here at a young age and apparently happy and we are going to loan him to fucking La Liga in order to bring in another guy who you could buy outright for less than we spent on Mangala? Oh, and to a club that also owes us 20+ mil to begin with. That too.

Loan someone else for fucks sake. Keep the mangler in our family!!!!!!!!!
You think the club has good track records when it comes to center backs? (one new CB every damn season on average)

would rather pay the extra 10 mil than send mangala on loan. shocking decision.
I think it's because of the roster spots, not money. We only have 17 foreign spots. Dzeko and Jovetic are gone, but we're replacing them with Otamendi and De Bruyne. Mangala would be in Valencia until Demichelis is finished next season.

I think it's because of the roster spots, not money. We only have 17 foreign spots. Dzeko and Jovetic are gone, but we're replacing them with Otamendi and De Bruyne. Mangala would be in Valencia until Demichelis is finished next season.
i can think of plenty of others i would loan out before even consider Mangala. 60 plus games and an injury from disaster,Feck we dont even know if Otamendi will do the job.

Price quoted for Otemendi means we should be paying 9m minus the loan fees for Mangala and Lopes .....so 5m and we write off the Negredo debt of 21m

They owe us 21m ....we buy Otemendi for 30m ....9m minus loan fees for Mangala and Lopes = we pay about 5m ....that is how it should be but I am sure Txiki has us paying a lot more...... city getting raped again on price I bet.

Legit curious to see what happens with this because for the life of me I can't understand loaning out Mangala. And Lopes, who is out of contract at the end of the season!

Don't get me wrong, I'd love Otamendi at City I would just rather not send Mangala the other way. Some are saying maybe Martin but what about Denayer? Demichelis only has one year left but Denayer has already signed a five-year deal and La Liga and UCL Group stages would be a step up from Celtic. He comes in next year and we have FOUR Champions League center backs.

But look at this from the standpoint that United want Otamendi...we could have Vinny, Eliaquim, Otamendi, and Denayer while they have Smalling, Jones, Evans, and fucking Blind. That is hilarious to me

do we really need another CB? Otamendi is a great player, but we should straighten other position. if we want to collect the debt over Negredo payments, then we should look at Luis Gaya.

I don't know if it's been pointed out but didn't someone on here say he will sign on monday (not one of the regular itks and before ric said we were interested)

Watching Mangala today, I think somebody must of forgot to mention to him that he's going out on loan,
because he certainly looked happy and settled. I personally don't think this is happening, however i could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.