Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're right regarding Pogba, but you've missed out Delph in your observation about centre mid. That's why I think Demichelis could be the one to make way.

Of course Ric...completely forgot about him! That's what's happens when people change their minds and sneak around he place having medicals! ;)

You think the club has good track records when it comes to center backs? (one new CB every damn season on average)

We have bought some very good CBs.

Boateng, Savic and Nastasic are all doing well now. Problem is that we probably bought them all too early really - tho was not a fan of letting Nasty go.
Demi and Lescott have been good players for us and so too Kolo at the time.

Depends how you look at it but in terms of choosing good CBs we have a decent record.

Mangala - if the loan is true - will hopefully come back at 25 a much better player. In the meantime we get one of the best CBs in world football, certainly the best in Spain, ready right now to improve us in the league and in Europe.

You think the club has good track records when it comes to center backs? (one new CB every damn season on average)
We have a good track record of indentifying a potentially world class centre back but we have an even better track record of not being patient enough with them.

This deal gets more ridiculous the more I think about it. If Otamendi turns out to be anywhere near decent, Mangala won't get a look in when he returns from his loan.

This just doesn't make sense on any level. I could sort of see the point in loaning then Denayer for the season, but not an established member of the team who has been in very good form over his last 8 or 9 games as a blue. We look settled at the back. Why mess with it?

I really hope its MDM that makes way for Otamendi. Valencia are in no bargaining position as they owe us money and they are shackled by FFP (similar situation to Inter).

I am afraid we will loose Lopes :( but letting Mang go would highly damage his self-confidence.

IF Mangala goes out on loan then Begiristain has lost the plot.
The team needs strengthening in other areas and pissing 28m up the wall on another centre back is ludicrous.

I can't understand why City wants to give Mangala, who seems to getting better and better (beging from the ending of the last season), and who is 24 years old, in order to buy another who is older and with no experience in the Premier League.
In my opinion the whole story is fake just to push Otamendi's transfer to United. Or I hope it so..

i just refuse to believe it!!! no fuckin way we will pay 40M euros for him and give not 1 but TWO players on loan one of them being mangala....i mean wtf???? have we lost the plot or what?? otamendi should be in addition to mangala not at his expense....i hope it's just lopes the one who goes on loan if that's the case

So if it turns out that it's Lopez who goes out on loan and not Mangala, presumably all those berating Txiki will acknowledge that it is in fact a great piece of business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.