Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
No because we still don't need another centre back. We need a central midfielder.

We don't need another central midfielder. We have 5 already for 2 spots. No one is going to take Fernandinho or Yaya out of the team anyway.

Hope Mangala stays. Looks very happy here on the last city video. Starting to improve and we shouldn't smash his confidence

Mangala's tweet doesn't strike me as that of a guy being sent out on loan for the season.

Maybe I'm nuts but I still think this is some sort of game by Mendes and we aren't even in for him.

Ric said that the Mangala loan thing may have been suggested by Mendes when the negotiations over Otamendi first started, but that his sources hadn't heard anything about it.

And while those reports are still coming from Spain, several of the journalists who were at the etihad yesterday left their press briefings/conferences and then tweeted that no one had any intentions of loaning him.

That plus the fact the loan makes absolutely no sense at all for anyone has made me pretty calm that Mango isn't going anywhere.

I think the Demichelis leaving in January rumours make more sense.

I could understand getting Otamendi in and sending Mangala the other way on loan, if this was on the table a month ago, before a ball had been kicked!
But we've seen 2 good displays by Mangala and he is part of a back 4 that is looking excellent.
I think Ric posted last night, that he thinks this deal must have presented itself to us at the last minute.

I'd like to think Txiki is negotiating now to bring Otamendi in but offering alternative options to Mangala.

Mangala's tweet doesn't strike me as that of a guy being sent out on loan for the season.

Maybe I'm nuts but I still think this is some sort of game by Mendes and we aren't even in for him.
SSN sources reporting Mangala going and Manuel doing a no comment.
If he does, which I don't believe for a minute because it would be so unutterably stupid, it shows our transfer dealings are out of control.

No because we still don't need another centre back. We need a central midfielder.
But the opportunity has arisen to pick one of the highest regarded in Europe up and those don't come along every day.
I'm not half as concerned about our midfield as some though.

I would be disappointed if we loan out mangalar. It takes a while to settle and we are just starting to realise the benefits and see him hit form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.