Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sign Otamendi and keep Mangala then that would suggest that we have given up on Pogba for now and have no other midfielders in mind. Kompany, Mangala, Otamendi and Denayer being the main centre backs and MDM the backup midfielder. I could be wrong but it would be strange to sign Otamendi and someone not going out.

If we loaned Bony to secure Neymar would everyone have such a problem?

We're improving a position. That's what matters.
Not a very effective analogy.

I thought Mangala did well yesterday and finished last season strongly. I'd be disappointed to see him go and it would be a very high risk move in a key position. Just as Mangala gets through his settling in period, we'd have another player having to go through the same period.

Sometimes players gel immediately, but often not. Especially as central defence. I hope this move does not happen

If they want £27m for Otanendi and they still owe us for arguments sake £20m for Negredo, couldn't we just say here's £7m and now we're straight? Or is that too simple?

People are forgetting that this deal was in place before yesterday & probably before the Baggies game. This isn't just something that has popped up out of nowhere. Again, Mangala might not be going anywhere...

If they want £27m for Otanendi and they still owe us for arguments sake £20m for Negredo, couldn't we just say here's £7m and now we're straight? Or is that too simple?

Apparently the deal will read £28.5m but we'll pay about £4.5m after all the legalities have been sorted.

Not many teams in the world have had 3 centre halfs as good as Mangala,Otamendi and Kompany. Whilst it would be an amazing prospect, I think the constant rotation would be a huge hinderence. Maybe also explains another reason why Vinny is so up for this season,knowing Otamendi is coming in.

so we are looking to replace a £32 mill player with a £28 mill player sounds like someone has got their wires crossed. Mangala is settling in wonderfully well and then we farm him out to a second rate league in terms of depth of quality and intensity. It simply does not make sense whichever way you look at it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.