Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Negredo fee was/is used for Bony?????
What happened was we used the money we were going to get from Valencia to justify buying bony, since we were still under FFP sanctions. But now Valencia are acting like 6 year olds who are crying because their toy wasn't as good as it was in the commercials and don't want to pay... They have to, ultimately, but one way they could is by giving us otamendi for a wash on what they owe us and a small fee.

Denayer is not youth for the sake of youth, he's a full international with European experience and a player of the year award at club level, at 19 years old. He should definitely get a shot however much that annoys people who want a shiny new toy.

Rekik is a full international as well but he's not good enough for us apparently and will be loaned out again or sold completely.

Rekik is a full international as well but he's not good enough for us apparently and will be loaned out again or sold completely.

He's not blessed with the physical attributes that Denayer is and hasn't received anywhere near the same plaudits as he has. If anyone hasn't seen Denayer look up his performance in the San Siro and tell me you don't think he deserves a shot.

He's not blessed with the physical attributes that Denayer is and hasn't received anywhere near the same plaudits as he has. If anyone hasn't seen Denayer look up his performance in the San Siro and tell me you don't think he deserves a shot.

Of course he deserves a shot, I want him to succeed. I like the look of a possible Kompany/Mangala/Otamendi/Denayer that's a strong rotation.

Denayer certainly deserves a shot. I've been waiting for some time now for the academy to produce. I appreciate that it's a long process and one that we must endure. It will reap the benefits over the course of time. However, this lad is the first proper player to come out. I've watched him a few times and i think he is quality. He will be given his chance I'm sure and this whole Otamendi thing is tied into Negredo in some capacity.

However I wouldn't turn him down.

But surely you see, the difference would be that we lose Demichelis, now ? So we have Kompany (often injured) Mangala (not yet proven) Denayer (not yet proven) & a new boy.

When we could have Demichelis instead, give Managala & Denayer a year to settle. Then, IF NECCESSARY sign a relacement for Demichelis next season, assuming Demichelis looks past it, & Denayer, Mangala & Kompany require us to buy a 4th cb at all.

We may not even need a replacement for Demichelis next season.

Kompany's injuries, Demichelis' age, Denayer's inexperience that you mention could all point to us potentially looking at a CB this season to bed in ready for next. Waiting until it is obvious we are desperate for one only pushes the price up.

Personally I wouldn't have given Demichelis another year but I don't rate him as highly as some people obviously do.

We may buy one, we may not but it wouldn't surprise me if we did.

Of course he deserves a shot, I want him to succeed. I like the look of a possible Kompany/Mangala/Otamendi/Denayer that's a strong rotation.

There's not going to be enough games for Denayer in that group though. Last year Vinny, Demichelis and Mangala played about 30 games each with a handful for Boyata, I'd be wanting Denayer to be playing at least 15 games, taking some of Demichelis' and all of Boyata's, there's no way a CB in their peak is going to accept fewer than 30 games a season, so if we sign Otamendi it's goodbye Denayer, not something I'd like to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.