Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
would not buy this guy, better try to get Pepe next season when Demi leaves and stick with Komp, Mang, Denayer. And if we really want to buy another CB it should be Stones for all the obvious reasons!

If we got Stones, we'd have 3 young and relatively inexperienced (especially compared to Kompany/Demichelis) centre backs. That could be a problem with our midfield not tracking back that well and the fullbacks we have. I think it makes sense if we're in for Otamendi because of his experience over someone like Stones.

With Demi on a 1year deal and Rekik on his way out......Otamendi would seem a great option....I think the midfield/wingers are more urgent positions of need but this guy would be a great bit of business if we could get him for a good price....Negredo's money hasn't arrived yet, so maybe City could make this deal work for them, as Valencia will be desperate to do a deal so they don't have to pay all that money for Negredo....

The Maine Blues‏@TheMaineBlues1m1 minute ago
A fee still needs to be agreed, but Rekik has agreed to join Ligue 1 side Marseille. [RMC]

If we got Stones, we'd have 3 young and relatively inexperienced (especially compared to Kompany/Demichelis) centre backs. That could be a problem with our midfield not tracking back that well and the fullbacks we have. I think it makes sense if we're in for Otamendi because of his experience over someone like Stones.

If we did monitor Stones for next season and felt he was up to the required standard, I don't think we would be left inexperienced at centre back. Kompany would be 30 and our leader, Mangala would be 25 with 2 years in the prem, Stones and Denyer would also have 2 years of football being in a first team squad.

I would be very surprised if he was not on our radar as a potential signing in the future as well as our domestic rivals. If he has a very good season I would imagine both us and Chelsea would both be in for him.

No my point is IF we get Otamendi/Stones that would mean the end of Denayer's City career. Everything coming down from our interest to sign Otamendi.

This season: Komp, MD, Denayer, Mangala
Next Season: Komp, Pepe, Denayer, Mangala

No my point is IF we get Otamendi/Stones that would mean the end of Denayer's City career. Everything coming down from our interest to sign Otamendi.

This season: Komp, MD, Denayer, Mangala
Next Season: Komp, Pepe, Denayer, Mangala
Pepe is so old to be a mdm replacement, I think of anything we'd go for another youngster or maybe a peaking player so we'd have a cb in every stage so we can just cycle them continuously.

Any problem with getting Denayer to sign a new contract and then loan him out to a premiership side where he'd hopefully grow and perfect his play, not to mention his aerial skills whilst signing Otamendi so that we have a very experienced set of central defenders especially because its going to be a long long season - we are competing on four fronts. We'd have Komps and Otamendi as starters and MDM and Mangala as back-ups. The idea that we bought Manga for so much and so we must not waste him on the bench is not as much an issue to me as is positioning ourselves in a better place to win the league next season. Plus if Manga is worth the amount we paid for him, he'd have ample opportunity to prove it in the course of the year. In other words, he's going to be played because of his abilities and not the fee we paid for him. This in my opinion will only make everyone be on their feet and work hard since they know that they aren't guaranteed a shirt. Imagine if Komps poor form continues, we have either MDM to call on or we can go for an Otamendi-Mangala pairing. Let's remember also that Mangs had a great season 2 years ago but had a dip in form the season before we signed him. When MDM is finally set to leave e.g. at the end of the season, Denayer would be well placed to take that spot. If the above would cost £10 to £15 max, then imho, it'd be awesome forward planning. Add the fact that we would have stopped an opposition team from signing one of their major targets this summer and you cannot but agree that its the right thing to do. In summary, anything we do has an element of risk just like waking up from bed to go to work has some risk to it. However, we must be calculative about our risk taking and this is why I vouch for Otamendi to City and Jason on loan to a PL club till MDM leaves. We'd win on all sides if we do this. Sorry for the long epistle, just expressing myself as much as I can.

Any problem with getting Denayer to sign a new contract and then loan him out to a premiership side where he'd hopefully grow and perfect his play, not to mention his aerial skills whilst signing Otamendi so that we have a very experienced set of central defenders especially because its going to be a long long season - we are competing on four fronts. We'd have Komps and Otamendi as starters and MDM and Mangala as back-ups. The idea that we bought Manga for so much and so we must not waste him on the bench is not as much an issue to me as is positioning ourselves in a better place to win the league next season. Plus if Manga is worth the amount we paid for him, he'd have ample opportunity to prove it in the course of the year. In other words, he's going to be played because of his abilities and not the fee we paid for him. This in my opinion will only make everyone be on their feet and work hard since they know that they aren't guaranteed a shirt. Imagine if Komps poor form continues, we have either MDM to call on or we can go for an Otamendi-Mangala pairing. Let's remember also that Mangs had a great season 2 years ago but had a dip in form the season before we signed him. When MDM is finally set to leave e.g. at the end of the season, Denayer would be well placed to take that spot. If the above would cost £10 to £15 max, then imho, it'd be awesome forward planning. Add the fact that we would have stopped an opposition team from signing one of their major targets this summer and you cannot but agree that its the right thing to do. In summary, anything we do has an element of risk just like waking up from bed to go to work has some risk to it. However, we must be calculative about our risk taking and this is why I vouch for Otamendi to City and Jason on loan to a PL club till MDM leaves. We'd win on all sides if we do this. Sorry for the long epistle, just expressing myself as much as I can.

It appears (unless his agent is talking bullshit) that City are trying to persuade Denayer to sign a new deal, by offering him a first team opportunity, which will involve playing time.

Seeing as he is already a Belgian full international, & rated by their boss as a future superstar, the likelihood is, that everybody everywhere knows who he is. If he was to decide he wanted to play at a club other than City, some pretty big ones will, I recon, offer him the first team chance he deserves.

So my question is, if he wants to play in our first team but we don't trust him & will only offer him a loan deal, why not turn down the contract, go on loan, see out the contract, then sign for someone who does actually trust him & then play in their first team ? He probably thinks he will finish this season as a better player than the bloke we would be replacing him with, & I think he's probably right.

Luckily, I believe City feel the same.

It appears (unless his agent is talking bullshit) that City are trying to persuade Denayer to sign a new deal, by offering him a first team opportunity, which will involve playing time.

Seeing as he is already a Belgian full international, & rated by their boss as a future superstar, the likelihood is, that everybody everywhere knows who he is. If he was to decide he wanted to play at a club other than City, some pretty big ones will, I recon, offer him the first team chance he deserves.

So my question is, if he wants to play in our first team but we don't trust him & will only offer him a loan deal, why not turn down the contract, go on loan, see out the contract, then sign for someone who does actually trust him & then play in their first team ? He probably thinks he will finish this season as a better player than the bloke we would be replacing him with, & I think he's probably right.

Luckily, I believe City feel the same.

Well said only that going by your post, I'd mistake you for a Denayer fan rather than a city fan. You have mentioned things as they favour Jason Denayer without demonstrating how they will be in our best interest. I'm simply telling you that if we did what I proposed, Denayer will still get decent playing time in the club we loan him out to, hopefully. And because MDM would be off the following season, it would be a case of easing him into that space. I admit that this may not be the best path for him but I dare say, its way better than what you're proposing. In other words I'm not arguing whether or not he has a right to see off his contract or which path is best for him as a person, what I'm rather saying is that City would be the better for it. One more thing: its one thing to trust somebody and quite another for that person to repay your trust and you seem to be equating the two. In any case, there are no certainties in football and life in general but I'd rather that somebody earned my trust (in this case, giving him opportunity to hone his skills in a rival PL team) than just deciding to trust and hope my trust will payoff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.