Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he deserves a shot, I want him to succeed. I like the look of a possible Kompany/Mangala/Otamendi/Denayer that's a strong rotation.
Never a good idea to regularly rotate centre backs imo

The back 4 should be rarely rotated, just look at our results towards the end of last season when pellegrini stopped messing about with the defence, or look at chelsea and there defensive record when terry and cahill played almost every game.

Dont see how it feasible to keep four our and out centre backs happy.

The back 4 should be rarely rotated, just look at our results towards the end of last season when pellegrini stopped messing about with the defence, or look at chelsea and there defensive record when terry and cahill played almost every game.

Injury wise or just general fatigue, accumulated yellows in CL, loss of form etc, not the rotation for sake of rotating. Those 4 would leave no weakness at that position.

In agreement, for what it's worth. Haven't watched enough of him personally, but I'm sure Otamendi is a fine player. And would maybe take to Premiership football like a duck to water. But I don't think Denayer's future lies with City if we sign him.

Denayer isn't Pozo, and he's not going to be content with a token first team appearance sporatically. Can't say I blame him after last season's display and his introduction to the national team. He deserves to play some legitmate minutes, ideally all of the Cup fixtures. I think Demichelis would be fine defering those minutes to a young prospect and playing father figure on the sidelines. I can't see any of Kompany, Mangala, or Otamendi being equally deferential.

Plus maybe I'm a little conservative, but it seems strange to dismiss the most consistent performer at centre half last season in order to try out someone new to the club and country. Much bigger believer in the idea that Mangala will settle further, Kompany has a bit of renewed focus, Denayer is ready, and the real problem lay with midfield responsibility and set up regardless.

Cannot see us using 4 oversea's spots for 4 centre backs when we had previously used 3 last season and 1 home grown.

I personnelly don't see Demi signing for a year or the club signing him an extra year if we are not planning on using him this season.

I think Kompany and Mangala are going to start the season as first choice without the rotation, it will be Denayer's job to preform well when needed and to try and win a place in the team. Demi will be the safe pair of hands who will play when needed cup games, injury crisis etc.

Next season we will have a space available when Demi leaves and we will have a better picture of all 3 CB's, we will probably have more of an idea on how well Stones at Everton has progressed so could potentially go for home grown and gain an overseas spot elsewhere in the team or go for an overseas player at that point.

The only way I see this happening is if it has come from nowhere as an offer to City from Valencia not wanting to pay for beast, especially if United are not willing to pay money up front to Valencia, the required amount of money or have not actually made a bid. Then maybe we will explore this as a chance to up-grade if we make Demi available (can't imagine we would ask a fee) and he is also open to the idea of finding a new club.

would not buy this guy, better try to get Pepe next season when Demi leaves and stick with Komp, Mang, Denayer. And if we really want to buy another CB it should be Stones for all the obvious reasons!

Although would forget everything and go balls deep for Ramos if he indeed is available as being reported of contract talks breaking down.

Last edited:
Although would forget everything and go balls deep for Ramos if he indeed is available as being reported of contract talks breaking down.

thereWasATime said:
would not buy this guy, better try to get Pepe next season when Demi leaves and stick with Komp, Mang, Denayer. And if we really want to buy another CB it should be Stones for all the obvious
would not buy this guy, better try to get Pepe next season when Demi leaves and stick with Komp, Mang, Denayer. And if we really want to buy another CB it should be Stones for all the obvious reasons!

Pepe = half a season of suspension....Stones = Everton will never sell... Otamendi fits re: Negrefo repayment and quality player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.