Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I want Denayer to succeed this signing makes a lot of sense. We have two very fully motivated centre backs but with Otamendi snapping at their heels the incentive is there to keep motivated.

I would send Denayer to Valencia, which would be a proper examination of his talents.

Sure, he looked the business in Scotland, but he's still a kid, and going up against Barca and Real for a couple of years serves both him and us.

We are too quick to anoint players from our Academy, simply because we are so desperate for one to make the grade.

Denayer clearly has something about him and has also showed for Belgium that he can read the game well. City cannot afford to carry any passengers this season, so let Valencia take the chance.

If he fails, we haven't lost anything.

That assumes Valencia are interested in having a 20 y/o kid replace Otamendi for the season. They have their own young CB prospect who won't leave after a year and given they're in the CL I think they want an experienced head. Rumours are Garay.

The fans doubting this signing are gonna absolutely love him within a couple of months. Another Argentinian hero playing like an Argentinian.

A bold prediction.
You may be able to replace him on loss of form but vinny is the ultimate role model captain and ambassador for this great club his passion and desire to do his best is perfect for our motto pride in battle im proud to say i have seen this legend play for our club and predict he will retire here and will deservedly remain captain.

Exactly this. People also forget how much Otamendi will be able to perform with Mangala. Keep Demi for the final 12 months, properly road-tested on the left-side of the pairing, and Otamendi ready for us as and when.

And if vinny does one of his over stretching and injuring himself in a tackle, there won't be the mass panic we used to have when the likes of Savic or Boyata would have to step into the breach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.