Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are the reports that there's CL clubs after Jason and going to let him start? It would be great to have youth playing week in/out but none of our other youth who are being promoted have been guaranteed anything as far as I've read. Being at a club like City is now is different than playing at Celtic. Young players aren't just walking in and playing at Bayern/RM/Barca/PSG.

Remember our former Denis Suarez who was promised a spot on Barca's 1st team and that's why he left? Given a 2 year loan at Sevilla before being sold to them. In Germany youth don't break in top teams till their 20s. Even United continues to buy even though their youth have had plenty of chances last season due to various injuries.

For Jason and youth generally speaking if you want to play for a top club, trust the process as others fade or move away be ready to step up. Otamendi is at the top of clubs lists and already familiar with our Argentine trio who can ease him in. Pogba isn't the only player we can compete at the top with and get esp with the negredo situation.
Denis Suarez was never going to get in the Barce side, decent talent but Denayer is on a whole different level.

I just couldn't see him being happy playing fourth fiddle behind Mangala, Kompany and Otamendi. If he goes out on loan and has a brilliant season then what? the season later we would have four top centre backs vying for two positions. How would you keep them all happy without constant rotation which probably be at the detriment of our defence.

I don't think City would countenance allowing Denayer to leave. I'm sure he'll sign a new contract, and will be one of our four centre halves next season.

Or maybe, we buy this guy and let Martin go now?
We could, but it seems unlikely. Demichelis has been our best defender over the last year or so, and his experience is still needed. If the club didn't want him for this season he wouldn't have been offered a new deal.

Denayer is the future of this club and would be a big statement to the rest of the youth teams if he was part of the squad next season.
We don't need a 30 million CH we have already got one in the near future.

No, he isn't.

He may well become a great player for us (and i sincerely hope he does) but right now he is a young lad who had a very good season in a piss poor league and has one international cap in a friendly.

MD is leaving next year in any case and he needs replacing. If we can get a top CB in the meantime, we'll need one to replace him and challenge for one of the CB berths. If Denayer is going to be all that we wish, he'll make his mark regardless.

No, he isn't.

He may well become a great player for us (and i sincerely hope he does) but right now he is a young lad who had a very good season in a piss poor league and has one international cap in a friendly.

MD is leaving next year in any case and he needs replacing. If we can get a top CB in the meantime, we'll need one to replace him and challenge for one of the CB berths. If Denayer is going to be all that we wish, he'll make his mark regardless.

That's not true, he's played in two qualifiers as well. The last one, against Wales, was a huge game and he was selected at centre half ahead of more established colleagues. I think you're downplaying him.

That's not true, he's played in two qualifiers as well. The last one, against Wales, was a huge game and he was selected at centre half ahead of more established colleagues. I think you're downplaying him.

Let's not put too much on him yet either by the same token. It is true he's had a good season in a substandard league and yes he has international caps but guidetti did and a lot of people harboured big hopes for him as well. Obviously I want to see Denayer succeed but those lauding him to be the future of the club and a £30m player at this early stage are a bit premature. Hopefully correct but still premature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.