Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
"reports coming out of belgium",it sounds more like classic agent tactics to me ,he aint gonna get a better /longer contract ,if he dives in,professing undying love for city,better to seek "assurances"

"reports coming out of belgium",it sounds more like classic agent tactics to me ,he aint gonna get a better /longer contract ,if he dives in,professing undying love for city,better to seek "assurances"

By "reports coming out of Belgium" I was citing Kristof Terreur and Sven Claes, who unfortunately seem to know what they're talking about.

Also, for what it's worth, there's an element of common sense which supports it. If you watched Denayer play for Belgium against France, watched him receive a standing ovation, and looked him up to see that he's on the books at Chelsea, went out on loan last season, played spectacularly, and was locked into contract negotiations because they weren't ready to incorporate him into their first team plans with any regularity (and were possibly shopping for a new marquee defender) wouldn't you want to poach him? Would there be "Why aren't we in for this guy?" threads here on Blue Moon?

Makes sense to me that reports are unfortunately true -- there is probably a legitimate interest in the player from other clubs. I would be more surprised if it was agent posturing than I would be if the accounts were factual.

Anyone thought of the possibility that otamendi is a backup plan if Denayer wants to leave?

That I have. Also considered the possibility that we've told Jason "we're happy to start the season with you as 3rd/4th choice with Martin. Just sign the dotted line and we're calling off the Otamendi courtship, we'd rather see what you're capable of doing at the club." But I also know sweet fuck all, so it's just a bunch of guesswork from my sofa, which is thankfully quite comfortable.

Where are the reports that there's CL clubs after Jason and going to let him start? It would be great to have youth playing week in/out but none of our other youth who are being promoted have been guaranteed anything as far as I've read. Being at a club like City is now is different than playing at Celtic. Young players aren't just walking in and playing at Bayern/RM/Barca/PSG.

Remember our former Denis Suarez who was promised a spot on Barca's 1st team and that's why he left? Given a 2 year loan at Sevilla before being sold to them. In Germany youth don't break in top teams till their 20s. Even United continues to buy even though their youth have had plenty of chances last season due to various injuries.

For Jason and youth generally speaking if you want to play for a top club, trust the process as others fade or move away be ready to step up. Otamendi is at the top of clubs lists and already familiar with our Argentine trio who can ease him in. Pogba isn't the only player we can compete at the top with and get esp with the negredo situation.

Denayer is the future of this club and would be a big statement to the rest of the youth teams if he was part of the squad next season.
We don't need a 30 million CH we have already got one in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.