Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not put too much on him yet either by the same token. It is true he's had a good season in a substandard league and yes he has international caps but guidetti did and a lot of people harboured big hopes for him as well. Obviously I want to see Denayer succeed but those lauding him to be the future of the club and a £30m player at this early stage are a bit premature. Hopefully correct but still premature.

Fair point. I agree it's premature to build him up too much, but equally I think he has a far better chance of making it than Guidetti. Just personal opinion though.

We shouldn't be signing a new centre back until Demichelis leaves (next summer presumably).
Sometimes opportunities present themselves and it would be stupid to turn our nose up at a top quality centre back for someone who's going to be leaving next summer anyway. Just get it done now.

No, he isn't.

He may well become a great player for us (and i sincerely hope he does) but right now he is a young lad who had a very good season in a piss poor league and has one international cap in a friendly.

MD is leaving next year in any case and he needs replacing. If we can get a top CB in the meantime, we'll need one to replace him and challenge for one of the CB berths. If Denayer is going to be all that we wish, he'll make his mark regardless.

bollocks, he played in a qualifier away at Wales?

We could, but it seems unlikely. Demichelis has been our best defender over the last year or so, and his experience is still needed. If the club didn't want him for this season he wouldn't have been offered a new deal.
At the time the club perhaps Txiki wasn't thinking about Otamendi or any other CB. Now a good deal is perhaps on the table especially with Negredo etc then it makes sense to bring in Otamendi and let Demi go with a nice pay out to cover his wages for his new contract.

Considering we signed Savic for £8 million and Nastasic for around £15 million how much would we be willing to buy Denayer for if he was not our player?

Lets put it into perspective, Phil Jones - £16 million, Smalling - £12 million, Zouma - £12 million, Marquinos - about £30+ million, Sakho - £15 million, Mangala £32 million.

IMO based on Denayer's age, ability and international recognition he is a £10+ player already. Perhaps he needs to be shoved in the firing line like Savic and Nastasic were to see what he is made of.

Some strong arguments and counter-arguments in this thread. Glad it's not my decision to make.
I opened an account in a rivals' forum using your name
I never cease to laugh whenever I read 'sir baconface' at the top of your posts

Considering we signed Savic for £8 million and Nastasic for around £15 million how much would we be willing to buy Denayer for if he was not our player?

Lets put it into perspective, Phil Jones - £16 million, Smalling - £12 million, Zouma - £12 million, Marquinos - about £30+ million, Sakho - £15 million, Mangala £32 million.

IMO based on Denayer's age, ability and international recognition he is a £10+ player already. Perhaps he needs to be shoved in the firing line like Savic and Nastasic were to see what he is made of.

If Denayer played for another club, there wouldn't be a soul on this forum that didn't want us to sign him and he'd cost us well over £20m

4 center backs next season demi, vinny, mangala and denyer maybe sagna if we are really short this is 1 position we will not be adding to

4 center backs next season demi, vinny, mangala and denyer maybe sagna if we are really short this is 1 position we will not be adding to

We should do...Kompany and Mangala poor last year...Denayer needs easing in...we threw Savic and Nastasic in at the deep end..,neither were ready..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.