Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
See that defence of ours that loads were getting concerned about and likening us to the Keystone Cops?

It's sorted.

Have you heard anything at all as to likely destinations for Denayer? Or are you just speculating at the moment regarding Denayer?

Just speculation really. Haven't heard about any possible destinations for Denayer, but know Demichelis isn't looking to leave this summer. Obviously it might not be his choice in the end, but it makes more sense to allow Denayer to leave on loan.

Are you sure? Thought he did. Either way he's an established international so the permit shouldn't be a problem.
He made the 30 mad squad but was among the 7 that got dropped ironically in favour of Demichelis who had impressed in the 2nd half of the season.

Yeah it's stupid reasoning - doubly so since we claimed already that the Negredo money was used for Bony (we were just buying him ahead of time and getting the money later).
It's the same kind of reasoning the dippers made when they bought Andy Carroll for £35m after selling Torres for roundabout the same price & we ripped the piss out of them for it ha

Just speculation really. Haven't heard about any possible destinations for Denayer, but know Demichelis isn't looking to leave this summer. Obviously it might not be his choice in the end, but it makes more sense to allow Denayer to leave on loan.

Denayer going out on loan does seem to make the most sense.
Cheers Ric

He made the 30 mad squad but was among the 7 that got dropped ironically in favour of Demichelis who had impressed in the 2nd half of the season.

Yeah I went back and checked the squad even on his Porto form I have no idea how Campanaro made the 23 ahead of him.

I feel a bit sorry for Denayer. We may also have a Jovetić/Negredo issue. We need a settled defence, but we also need to integrate the player in the team in case of injury. How do you do that? We will need to bring him through gradually as Vinny and Mangala need to be our 1st choice defence otherwise we will have a period of instability.

I don't get this line of thinking. If that's the case, he'll have still cost us £32 million regardless - we're just knocking the outstanding Negredo monies off what we're paying them!

Yeah it's stupid reasoning - doubly so since we claimed already that the Negredo money was used for Bony (we were just buying him ahead of time and getting the money later).

Seeing as Valencia were struggling to actually pay us the money they owed us it does make some sense. This way we "get" all the Negredo money payed off in one chunk, albeit as a "saving" on Otamendi rather than physical cash in hand. If Otamendi had been a Sevilla player, and we'd paid £32m for him we'd actually have to hand £32m over, and we'd still be struggling to get our money off Valencia. It extricates both City and Valencia from a difficult situation which had the potential to drag on and become embarrassing.

I don't get this line of thinking. If that's the case, he'll have still cost us £32 million regardless - we're just knocking the outstanding Negredo monies off what we're paying them!
Remember when we laid Ireland plus 15m for Milner?

Did you call it 15m or 23m or whatever?

It's Negredo plus 8m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.