Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel a bit sorry for Denayer. We may also have a Jovetić/Negredo issue. We need a settled defence, but we also need to integrate the player in the team in case of injury. How do you do that? We will need to bring him through gradually as Vinny and Mangala need to be our 1st choice defence otherwise we will have a period of instability.

All this does is delay the integration for 12 months, as we'll no doubt be moving Demichelis on next summer. Denayer is also more likely to benefit from regular first team football out on loan more than he would a handful of games at City where he'd be lower down the pecking order, certainly at this stage of his career.

It's the same kind of reasoning the dippers made when they bought Andy Carroll for £35m after selling Torres for roundabout the same price & we ripped the piss out of them for it ha
Except it isn't as its dealing with the same club.

If you went to a dealership and a Range Rover was 70k and you part exchanged your old car for 20k

Would you say it cost you 70k or 50k?

Denayer going out on loan does seem to make the most sense.
Cheers Ric
Given Denayer was looking for assurances that he would play a few weeks ago I'm hoping he's fully on board. Personally, I can see a lot of advantages to giving him a year's first team experience in a good league. He'd surely come on better than by playing the odd League Cup match here. But it sort of begs the question what will happen next season. Surely Denayer will want to challenge for a first team place here by then? Will Kompany, Mangala Denayer and Otamendi be happy scrapping it out for two places? That's presuming Demichelis will be retiring around then...

Remember when we laid Ireland plus 15m for Milner?

Did you call it 15m or 23m or whatever?

It's Negredo plus 8m

The newspapers still call it £24m (and I've seen £26m too)... but I agree they are wrong.

Its all a matter of semantics anyway- the player is what is important not the price.

Remember when we laid Ireland plus 15m for Milner?

Did you call it 15m or 23m or whatever?

It's Negredo plus 8m

In terms of FFP accounting we already 'banked' the Negredo payoff against the Bony purchase.
We actually checked that we were allowed to do so with UEFA because otherwise we would have exceeded the net €60m restriction we had for 2015/16.

Just speculation really. Haven't heard about any possible destinations for Denayer, but know Demichelis isn't looking to leave this summer. Obviously it might not be his choice in the end, but it makes more sense to allow Denayer to leave on loan.

i suspect the club might be looking to offload demichelis because he takes up a non-HG spot. or have you heard about any loan for zuculini with the imminent signing of KDB.

Seeing as Valencia were struggling to actually pay us the money they owed us it does make some sense. This way we "get" all the Negredo money payed off in one chunk, albeit as a "saving" on Otamendi rather than physical cash in hand. If Otamendi had been a Sevilla player, and we'd paid £32m for him we'd actually have to hand £32m over, and we'd still be struggling to get our money off Valencia. It extricates both City and Valencia from a difficult situation which had the potential to drag on and become embarrassing.

I don't disagree with any of that mate - it makes perfect sense to do the deal this way. My point was that he won't be an £8 million signing.

Just out of interest while we're on this subject, why are Valencia struggling financially? I thought they were well set under Peter Lim's ownership?

In terms of FFP accounting we already 'banked' the Negredo payoff against the Bony purchase.
We actually checked that we were allowed to do so with UEFA because otherwise we would have exceeded the net €60m restriction we had for 2015/16.
I don't think Negredo was accounted for. We were allowed to spend in excess of our €49m limit last season because of it, but it will be in this seasons accounts I'd say.

Just out of interest while we're on this subject, why are Valencia struggling financially? I thought they were well set under Peter Lim's ownership?
FFP. They overspent and are trying to claw it back within the monitoring period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.