Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think we need another CB but even if we did I don't think Otamendi would be the right one. From what I've seen, he's a front foot CB and we already have Kompany. We would need a Terry/Pique-esque back foot defender as a partner

Does anyone think that he might be being considered to replace Vinny, with Vinny moved into the defensive midfield role that Pogba is/isn't going to get?

Vinny is a ball winner, drives out of defence and has an eye for an attacking pass.

Don't know - seems to make more sense to me than having another right footed CB.

Does anyone think that he might be being considered to replace Vinny, with Vinny moved into the defensive midfield role that Pogba is/isn't going to get?

Vinny is a ball winner, drives out of defence and has an eye for an attacking pass.

Don't know - seems to make more sense to me than having another right footed CB.
Was just thinking this but wouldn't Vinny have been tried and tested there in pre season ?

Was just thinking this but wouldn't Vinny have been tried and tested there in pre season ?

Was thinking that too - but they do say preseason is to get your fitness up and not experimental.

Or could it be such a contingency idea (if Pogba doesn't come off) that it is very much a plan B and too early to turn to yet.

The thing is that if any of our CB's it would probably be Demi in midfield. At least as Pellers probably sees it. Demi is way slow though. I wouldn't mind experimenting to see if Denayer could play DM. He wins the ball decently and likes to run with it. Denayer's height is what worries me about him playing CB. Don't know if he can win the aerial duels. Everything else is fine.

We originally bought Vinny as a defensive midfielder, but when Mancini took over from Clueless he dropped him back into the position he played at Anderlecht in central defence. From what I can remember of his performances in DM he is better suited to CB and would you want to play one of the best CB in the world(when in top form) out of position? I wouldn't and when he is on his game he commands the back line and bosses most strikers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.