Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Universidad de Chile....thanks for the update mate! Would be very surprised if we went after Ramos AND Otamendi....thanks again!;)
I can see Demichelis going either to River Plate or to NY City which would, together with some other sales, e.g. Dzeko and Jovetic, allow us to bring in one of Otamendi or Ramos. I can't see both as Kompany will want / expect to play regular and Denayer will want / deserve a chance.

I'm not sure i understand what that means...are we in for Otamendi? Or focusing time and money elsewhere?

It's saying we aren't getting rid of Mangala, and we are in for Otamendi. We need to sell a foreign player before buying another.

I'm not sure i understand what that means...are we in for Otamendi? Or focusing time and money elsewhere?

Yeah, it was the translate tool, that make it a bit confuse. Na, its about Otamendis agent, because it was told in the media yesterday, that they were trying to urge City to make a fast move, if we want to have him, cause he wanted to quit as soon as posible, as he hast to present himself at the Valencia pre season on monday next week.

And with Mendes orchesting the whole thing and making the arragement.

(just take a look to my early posts yesterday)

Thats the one side. At the other side, it was also speculated (from some argentinians sites), that Pellegrini are really interested in Otamendi, and it has even have been a meeting take place in Chile, near the argentinian squad (for 1 month ago or something, during the Copa America) between Pelle and the player. As Pelle was also with Txiki watching one game of the Copa there. And it makes sense, if we thing, that the both were seeing some players there, but who???

Here: http://www.ole.com.ar/copa-america-...er-City-Otamendi-Pellegrini_0_1381062264.html

So maybe, there is really some interest there, not only a gossip, but it depends on some other players or situations now...

Last edited:
I can see Demichelis going either to River Plate or to NY City which would, together with some other sales, e.g. Dzeko and Jovetic, allow us to bring in one of Otamendi or Ramos. I can't see both as Kompany will want / expect to play regular and Denayer will want / deserve a chance.

Can't see Demichelis going anywhere until next summer when, out of contract, I strongly suspect he'll wind up in New York. He's only signed a 1 year contract in March to keep him here this season so I doubt we'd have done that only to sell him before the season starts.

Honestly don't think, until next summer anyway, we need a centre half at all. We've got Kompany, Mangala, Demichelis and Denayer. 4 options which is what's required. It simply isn't a priority position, there are far more pressing needs, i.e. both full back positions for starters.

Yeah, it was the translate tool, that make it a bit confuse. Na, its about Otamendis agent, because itwas taold yesterday, that they were trying to urge City to make a fast move, if we want to have him, cause he wanted to quit as soon as posible, as he hast to present himself at the Valencia pre season on monday next week.

And with Mendes orchesting the whole thing and making the arragement.

(just take a look to my early posts yesterday)

Thats the one side. At the other side, it was also speculated (from some argentinians sites), that Pellegrini are really interested in Otamendi, and it has even have been a meeting take place in Chile, near the argentinian squad (for 1 month ago or somethingm during the Copa America) between Pelle and the player. As Pelle was also witg Txiki watching one game of the Copa there.

Here: http://www.ole.com.ar/copa-america-...er-City-Otamendi-Pellegrini_0_1381062264.html

So maybe, there is really some intereset there, but it deopends on some other players or situations now...

That is very interesting! Hopefully it's not all bluster to get his price up for the rags. If Demi goes then Otamendi is an excellent replacement

Don't think we need another CB but even if we did I don't think Otamendi would be the right one. From what I've seen, he's a front foot CB and we already have Kompany. We would need a Terry/Pique-esque back foot defender as a partner

I don't think Kompany is a front foot defender. However, he's trying to play like one and that's what is causing his form to drop.

Can't see Demichelis going anywhere until next summer when, out of contract, I strongly suspect he'll wind up in New York. He's only signed a 1 year contract in March to keep him here this season so I doubt we'd have done that only to sell him before the season starts.

Honestly don't think, until next summer anyway, we need a centre half at all. We've got Kompany, Mangala, Demichelis and Denayer. 4 options which is what's required. It simply isn't a priority position, there are far more pressing needs, i.e. both full back positions for starters.
I understand that centre back isn't a priority but is this not a two way opportunity not to be missed? he would improve us and it would also prevent the rags getting him,who,imo,he would significantly improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.