Other fans perception of us nowadays.

Pigeonho

In the King's Head, waiting for the Queen's legs t
Afternoon Blues.
Just got back from a week in Newquay with the family, very interesting it was too.
Had the usual southern reds not knowing what they're on about, which is pretty much inevitable on any holiday, but the thing which I really noticed was the look of utter disgust on the faces of other fans from different clubs when I walked past them in a City top, or if my lad was in a City top. The first HOUR we were there me and my lad walked to the site shop and he had his City top on. This guy was there, (a Chelsea fan), with his dog and my lad asked what kind of dog it was, 'he doesn't like Man City fans', he said. Now I'm a good judge of how things are spoken, and this was now banter from the guy, he genuinely didn't want to talk to us, the dick. Then there was the shop assistant who said in the most twat-ish way, 'ah the old Man City fan eh, full of cash and still no trophy'!!!! Couldn't believe it but took that one as banter. It was the faces of the other fans which really struck me though, people almost sneered at me whenever I had a City top on, they looked physically pissed off at me, was never like that in the older days. I realise its jealousy etc, but I was really genuinely surprised at peoples views/opinions of us now. Anyone else noticed it?

On a positive note, I did bump into a Blue in Padstow, 'alright Blue', we both exchanged!

Pigeonho said:
Afternoon Blues.
Just got back from a week in Newquay with the family, very interesting it was too.
Had the usual southern reds not knowing what they're on about, which is pretty much inevitable on any holiday, but the thing which I really noticed was the look of utter disgust on the faces of other fans from different clubs when I walked past them in a City top, or if my lad was in a City top. The first HOUR we were there me and my lad walked to the site shop and he had his City top on. This guy was there, (a Chelsea fan), with his dog and my lad asked what kind of dog it was, 'he doesn't like Man City fans', he said. Now I'm a good judge of how things are spoken, and this was now banter from the guy, he genuinely didn't want to talk to us, the dick. Then there was the shop assistant who said in the most twat-ish way, 'ah the old Man City fan eh, full of cash and still no trophy'!!!! Couldn't believe it but took that one as banter. It was the faces of the other fans which really struck me though, people almost sneered at me whenever I had a City top on, they looked physically pissed off at me, was never like that in the older days. I realise its jealousy etc, but I was really genuinely surprised at peoples views/opinions of us now. Anyone else noticed it?

On a positive note, I did bump into a Blue in Padstow, 'alright Blue', we both exchanged!

I live in London and have my City top on alot and never get any trouble, okay banter and funny stuff too but never actual hassle. Chelsea fans are generally wankers anyway but that bloke sounds like a complete idiot

Where did you go in Newquay

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Pigeonho said:
Afternoon Blues.

I live in London and have my City top on alot and never get any trouble, okay banter and funny stuff too but never actual hassle. Chelsea fans are generally wankers anyway but that bloke sounds like a complete idiot

Where did you go in Newquay
Perranporth mate, (Haven Hols place).

I'd rather be hated than not even appear on their radar!
It's envy pure and simple, when you get a dickhead snarling about money just reply,"Would you turn it down?" "Then add, "actually the fans were not consulted by the billionaires whilst they purchased the club, so don't blame us, <then smile and say> still turned out well though didn't it?"
I threw that at a Rottenham Hotspunk fan I had the misfortune to work with.Strangley enough a witty response was not forthcomming.

I'm a Manchester City fan and have been for over 40 years. I'm a City fan because I love City not because I'm worried about what other fans might think.

Just tell them that 10 years ago this coming season we lost a relegation battle again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.