Other teams football shirts you own - and why

The only other shirt I would wear is Barcelona. I don't currently have one, but have in the past.
I've been there more times than I've been to any other city and it goes back to 1994 when I was 15 and went to the Camp Nou for the first time.

New York City, the dark blue away, I just liked the shirt when over there and wasn’t buying any of the shit Nike did for city.

Don't have any now but back in the late 60's we used to try and 'out do' each other by having the best shirt which, by chance, never included City or United. Newcastle, West Ham, Blackburn, West Brom, Sheffield Weds/Utd were all sought after, probably the only plain colour shirt was Leeds white one. We used to get them from Roy Clarke on Dickinson Road, he had them in a cardboard box for 99p, my own favourite was a Coventry City away shirt, green and black stripes, which I got from Tyldesley & Holbrook.

I have a Chelsea shirt, but I guess no one else has mentioned theirs because EVERYONE knows City fans used to support Chelsea.

I have a Debruyne yellow away from last year's Belgium WC side and a De Jong Dutch away from the 2012 Euros. Yellow and orange are the closest I'll get to red. And a Costa Rica national team one from a trip there years back.

I have an fc mainz top which my neighbour gave to me as a leaving present when we came back to UK.

I suspect he only did this to get one up on our other neighbour who was an eintracht fan and they didn't get on. Eintracht neighbour gave us a cake and a few beers. I presume so I would put on weight and wouldn't be able to wear the top

Barcelona. Our daughter is a huge City and Barca fan. She now lives in NZ and when she was home we both used to watch all the games. It was, and still is, a great way to connect with her. She bought me the fluorescent green, on a trip to the Nou Camp, top several years ago because I like it.

I’ve got a Boca Juniors shirt that I was bought about 10 years ago.

An Al Ahly shirt from Egypt - a lad who used to work at ours was a fan. He was on the agency and then left. I then saw him on a night out and said I’d sort him out a full time job if he sent in his CV and got me a pin badge from Egypt of his favourite team. He did send his CV in but I’d forgotten and never saw his CV or recruited his position but he got the job and I had fuck all to do with it. I did the induction and at the end he gave me the pin badge before whipping the shirt out from his bag as a thank you! It’s worth mentioning the he was called Mohammed Ali!

A Dortmund shirt because 8 of us went to watch them on my 40th birthday weekend away.

I have a Borrussia Monchongladbach shirt. Was on holiday & came across the ground by accident so we stopped and went in the club shop. When they found out we were English they gave me a shirt as a gift. They also gave my son some t shirts & a baseball cap as well as giving us some of the best chocolate cake I have ever had.

When they played at Celtic a couple of seasons ago, a pub near Celtic's ground advertised the match as 'Celtic v A German Team' because they couldn't spell Borussia Mönchengladbach.

This then went viral and Mönchengladbach produced a scarf with 'A German Team' on one side to cash in!

monchendgladbach-scarf-german-team-650x371.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.