Other teams football shirts you own - and why

Juve - Del Piero 10, idolized him when I was younger.
Porto - a few friends from Portugal support them, been to plenty of games.
Poznan - self explanatory
Boca - picked it up on the cheap years ago, nice shirt
Betis - used to spend a lot of time in Seville, always went to their games.

Only ever had one and that was a Barcelona shirt that I bought when I was there on holiday, way back in the late 70s when I was about 13.

Real Zaragoza - Other ‘home’ club

England - Obvious

Spain - Other National Team

Basel - Missus is from there so I’ve been to quite a few matches and have been following them for a decade now. She came with me to the home dead rubber last March (which was on my birthday, no less) — luckily she was more graceful in victory than the Swiss lads in the away section that night.

Young Boys - Gift from the missus’ bestfriend’s husband who is from Bern and has had a season ticket since he could legally hold one; he gave it to me after a late night, pint-fuelled discussion about how much I wanted them to stuff United in the CL and how their recent success was not unlike our own. Has my name (and my number from when I played) on the back. Funny enough, I’ve only ever worn it to play on his 7-a-side team whilst visiting. Great gift, though.

Marseille - Another gift, as I have family there and we visited quite often when I was younger. Went to a few games and my uncle got me a shirt. Packed away these days.

As no-one has a)admitted to it or b) is genuinely horrified at the idea I will admit to always wanting the Newcastle 96 shirt with Shearer 9 on the back.

I was a huge Shearer fan growing up, had his name on the back of the Euro 96 and France 98 England tops and thought that old style Newcastle shirt with his name and number on in the Adidas style looked the dogs wotsits.

Never got one but would still be tempted today if I found one. Not to wear, just to own. Weird I know! :-)

pretty self explanatory thread really.. what other shirts if any do you have any why?

I've got a Juventus shirt from the year they got to the champs league final a few years ago with Tevez on the back. swapped it for a City Nasri one with an italian friend.

I've also got a Croatia one from last world cup, was on a stag do in Spain and we all went as different nations.

and finally, I've got the black PSG shirt from this year with Mbappe on the back. just cos its nice!

PS - before any sarcastic git says it, I know grown men in football shirts isn't a good look, but i dont care.
Bought a NYC away shirt in Thailand last year for £8.00. Always wear it in the beach bar here in spain for our away games. All the other clubs fans in there stare at it because of the etihad logo but scratch their head at the badge till i point out the connection then it’s the usual oil fueled barrage of shit.

Hua Hin City (Thai 2nd div club but sky blue and a ‘City’ team), Bangkok Glass (one of few Thai teams which aren’t red or have ‘United’ in their name), Geylang International FC (Singapore league team), Singapore away and Thai home. Also got a TOFFs style classic ‘74 Cruyff Nederland shirt and Track top. I like the SE Asian ones as holiday mementos.

Only other shirt I own is a Messi kit. I eont generally like getting other teams kits but I do love Newcastles away kit and if they beat Liverpool today and we beat Leiscter on Monday to win the league then I am buying it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.