Other Teams You Follow? Alongside MCFC

Odd team I detest....... Dulwich Hamlet whose Hipster attendees (will not call them fans) go to be seen there because they thinks its so "hip" "trendy" and "cool"!!! Many do not even watch the fucking game!!!! I once had the misfortune to be taken along 5 years ago when visiting friends in the area! Cringeworthy!!

Fu6GBxtX0AIuc1W
You’ll be pleased to hear then that they got relegated from the National League South this season.

Closer to home you can get same experience at West Didsbury & Chorlton who have become the Northern equivalent. Going so far as to nick their pink and blue kit for their away kit. At least DH are a very old club with a fine history. WD&C, under various different names, are an old club too, but they’ve been nothing until this last 10-15 years.

Last edited:
Motherwell as we signed Keith McRae from them when I was a kid and i thought we got him from some exotic destination. I’ve since become more enlightened!

Soft spots for clubs that I lived close to over the years and attended their games

QPR
Fulham
Crystal Palace
Brentford
Bromley
Ipswich
Framlingham Town

further afield.....

Fortuna Dusseldorf (due to love of Kraftwerk)
Schalke 04 (first foreign team I saw us play against)
Cologne (favourite german city)
Feyenoord

Got 2 brothers & Dad - all support different teams - various reasons so always hope they do well (ex v CITY)

QPR - brother
N Forest - brother
Man U - Dad - only joking, hope they get stuffed/fined/relegated (I enjoyed that especially)
Inter - saw them in Anglo-Italian Cup vs Palace & loved the kit
Newcastle - home for the last 38 years, used to go to St James when I first got here to do something. Waddle, Beardsley, Roeder era, pre Gascoigne.
Darlington - followed from afar (and a few games) through years of tribulations - George Reynolds debacle, only team to be knocked out of the FA Cup twice in one season, out of the league & fighting slowly to get back

Lincoln as I grew up there from age of 2

Fortuna Düsseldorf as I lived there when in the army

Being born and bred in east Edinburgh, I'd always go and watch Hibs with my Dad. Unfortunately, I began realising that Scottish Football is forever destined to be dominated by two teams and two teams only and I drifted away over time and haven't been back post 2016 Scottish Cup win.

It's far too repetitive with such a small number of teams, you can play some sides 6 times if you get them in the cups too. League expansion isn't considered as TV companies just want the Old Firm games 4x a season.

I find a lot of people up in Scotland look down South to English sides for that very reason, most being Rags due to the 90's Sky era.... Bastards.

Being born and bred in east Edinburgh, I'd always go and watch Hibs with my Dad. Unfortunately, I began realising that Scottish Football is forever destined to be dominated by two teams and two teams only and I drifted away over time and haven't been back post 2016 Scottish Cup win.

It's far too repetitive with such a small number of teams, you can play some sides 6 times if you get them in the cups too. League expansion isn't considered as TV companies just want the Old Firm games 4x a season.

I find a lot of people up in Scotland look down South to English sides for that very reason, most being Rags due to the 90's Sky era.... Bastards.
I know a few Hibees who retired after The Cup win, guys in their 40s and up, we completed football that day and it’ll never ever be as good.

I know alot of liverpool fans, some in my family, who call city fans glory hunters. They started “supporting “ Liverpøøl in the late80s early 90s. Zero awareness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.