Other Teams You Follow? Alongside MCFC

Always had a soft spot for West Ham - it seemed in my youth prior to our takeover we were locked in an eternal cosmic dance up and down the leagues but always trying to play the right football and then their is the fan connections with the 87 game at theirs when we went down.

Obviously hope we batter them on Wednesday but hope they stay up.

I know a few Hibees who retired after The Cup win, guys in their 40s and up, we completed football that day and it’ll never ever be as good.

I know alot of liverpool fans, some in my family, who call city fans glory hunters. They started “supporting “ Liverpøøl in the late80s early 90s. Zero awareness.
I'd probably put myself in that exact category. I'm 40 this year, that was it for me and I got to fulfil a promise to my Grandad who passed away in 2002 and never seen Hibs win the bloody thing!

After that, I felt I was finished with Scottish Football. Naturally I still want Hibs to win every week, but I just don't care about Scottish Football now like I used too. City take up almost all my time and I just drive down to watch them at least 4 or 5 times a season. I mean, I could go to Easter Road this Saturday and be there 10 mins from my home, but I'm booming down the M6 instead!

Philadelphia Union, hometown team and coached the manager in highschool

Fiorentina, family came to USA from a small town in Tuscany just outside of Florence, purple is my favorite color and I am partial to the fleur de LIS.

Seville, did a year of college there and always had a great time at their matches.

Other various MLS teams as my son played in the league for 15 years with Colorado, Chicago, San Jose and LA Galaxy

You’ll be pleased to hear then that they got relegated from the National League South this season.

Closer to home you can get same experience at West Didsbury & Chorlton who have become the Northern equivalent. Going so far as to nick their pink and blue kit for their away kit. At least DH are a very old club with a fine history. WD&C, under various different names, are an old club too, but they’ve been nothing until this last 10-15 years.
D&WC do attract a lot of women and some more senior people because it's a very safe environment. There is none of the aggression that you get with crowds in some professional games, it's not expensive to get in, you can drink while watching the game and the football's ok.

I occasionally go when my lot aren't local. The enjoyment is not lessened because the history (or perceived lack of) is of absolutely no importance.

You’ll be pleased to hear then that they got relegated from the National League South this season.

Closer to home you can get same experience at West Didsbury & Chorlton who have become the Northern equivalent. Going so far as to nick their pink and blue kit for their away kit. At least DH are a very old club with a fine history. WD&C, under various different names, are an old club too, but they’ve been nothing until this last 10-15 years.
No history then because they werent any good until the last 10-15 years … hmmm

I'd probably put myself in that exact category. I'm 40 this year, that was it for me and I got to fulfil a promise to my Grandad who passed away in 2002 and never seen Hibs win the bloody thing!

After that, I felt I was finished with Scottish Football. Naturally I still want Hibs to win every week, but I just don't care about Scottish Football now like I used too. City take up almost all my time and I just drive down to watch them at least 4 or 5 times a season. I mean, I could go to Easter Road this Saturday and be there 10 mins from my home, but I'm booming down the M6 instead!
There's a depressing number of Hibs mentions on this thread.

I should have added that WD&C are anti-Brexit and anti-Tory. What's not to like. In addition, history has got to start somewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.