Ouija Boards

Your wife's right.
I wouldn't want any kid of mine staying in the house of so infantile an adult.

nashark said:
To be fair mate, if you want an easy life, listen to the woman.

Ha ha..I do mate, but it doesn't make my life any easier.

It is certainly not something we would do. When my son was about 15 he stayed at his mates house and his mates mum and dad let them have quite a few beers. My lad was ill as a result. I thought that was more irresponsible.

crizack said:
Your wifes right and id rather have an ill lad for two days rather than a susceptible young woman trying to contact the bleeding dead!

I see where you are coming from, but from what I can gather, the Ouija board wasn't taken too seriously by the girls mum. To quote my daughter,"she just did it for a bit of fun".

I raise the point about my lad being given drink because, when I was 17 a friend of mine died after choking on his own vomit while asleep as a result of too much alcohol.

monkey-trousers said:
crizack said:
Your wifes right and id rather have an ill lad for two days rather than a susceptible young woman trying to contact the bleeding dead!

I see where you are coming from, but from what I can gather, the Ouija board wasn't taken too seriously by the girls mum. To quote my daughter,"she just did it for a bit of fun".

I raise the point about my lad being given drink because, when I was 17 a friend of mine died after choking on his own vomit while asleep as a result of too much alcohol.

Sorry to hear that mate, neither would impress me and your wife is right, even if it is seen as fun, why would her mates mum even have a ouija board?

I'd seriously question the mental state of a adult doing a ouija boards with kids, I wouldn't let mine stay there either.

Heard plenty of stories about these boards and i wont have nothing to do with them becuase of those stories. There are video's on youtube about Ouija Boards, but most seem fake, this one has always intrigued me though. If this is fake then the girl deserves an oscar.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh4uK3YHsNQ[/youtube]

Also, the man that was credited with inventing the board, William Fuld, was believed to have taken his own life because of these boards. Something you can read all over the internet.

Not meaning to scare you but i'd seriously keep an eye on your daughter for the next couple of months.

Ricster said:
Heard plenty of stories about these boards and i wont have nothing to do with them becuase of those stories. There are video's on youtube about Ouija Boards, but most seem fake, this one has always intrigued me though. If this is fake then the girl deserves an oscar.

Acting, fitting, or more likely, hysteria.

Cheesy said:
Ricster said:

Acting, fitting, or more likely, hysteria.

Either way, it shows how it can affect a young girl and that young girl could have been his daughter.

crizack said:
monkey-trousers said:

Sorry to hear that mate, neither would impress me and your wife is right, even if it is seen as fun, why would her mates mum even have a ouija board?

Good point. I initially wasn't too bothered because I don't really believe in this kind of thing and therefore couldn't see the harm in it. On the other hand though, If her mum wasn't into it in a serious way, why would she keep one?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.