Ouija Boards

monkey-trousers said:
aphex said:
i've done it, it's a load of claptrap

mind over matter and all that, in the same vein as siege mentality

everything has an explanation.

Pretty much what I said to the wife, but she's not happy, saying the woman shouldn't have done it without our consent. I suggested that if the girls mother had rang at 1 o'clock in the morning asking our permission, my wife would be even more annoyed. Now I'm getting the cold treatment.

I'd make your wife right.

All teenagers do the Ouiji Board. I used to think I'd seen it work but I know know what rubbish it is. I wouldn't be that arsed if one of my Kids did it. I'm sure they will.

But the Mum shouldn't be doing it with them. That's my gut feel, it just doesn't sit right.

I can't believe in this day and age that people seem to have an irrational fear of these things! If you believe in that stuff and 'bad things will happen' you surely need your head read!

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
I can't believe in this day and age that people seem to have an irrational fear of these things! If you believe in that stuff and 'bad things will happen' you surely need your head read!

People still beleive in God. What's the difference?

I have some indirect experience of these instruments which I will summarise.

My father was in the army and posted abroad and we lived in Germany.One night my Mother went out with some mates and they started messing around with an ouija board.

My fathers mother who was welsh had an exceptionally unusual welsh name and none of my mums friends knew it, she had been dead for at least seven years. Anyway the board began to spell the name which was unrecognisable and they said stop but my mum said no, she recognised my Grandmothers name.

The board went on to say something like "warn John to take care he is in danger" I cannot remember exactly. This freaked my mum as John was my dads name. She rushed home in a panic...my dad scoffed and said its a load of rubbish.

The next day they learned that my dads cousin, John had been killed in a road crash.....

To me that was spooky, very spooky and I assure you it was true.

I have never tried using them and never had the inclination so to do.

Didsbury Dave said:
monkey-trousers said:
Pretty much what I said to the wife, but she's not happy, saying the woman shouldn't have done it without our consent. I suggested that if the girls mother had rang at 1 o'clock in the morning asking our permission, my wife would be even more annoyed. Now I'm getting the cold treatment.

I'd make your wife right.

All teenagers do the Ouiji Board. I used to think I'd seen it work but I know know what rubbish it is. I wouldn't be that arsed if one of my Kids did it. I'm sure they will.

But the Mum shouldn't be doing it with them. That's my gut feel, it just doesn't sit right.

DD correct again. Too young for that sort of stuff. People do end up fu""ed mentaly from this kind of thing. Not her child to be taking the risk with.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:

Spot on, which is why if it was my kid they wouldn't be back to that woman's gaff. Who knows what else the nutter might get up to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.