Our 'Be Part Of It' Painting TRASHED!

daveduke67 said:
Not a mural ...........but

2uh1jrm.jpg
Powerful image that.

On the one hand it's a rallying call to the fans - spirit of the team of '58 whose lives were so very tragically cut short and all the positives a club should take from it...

And then right there, as an affront to the memory of those who died and as a reminder as to all what a corporate driven, "it's-all-about-the-bottom-line" organisation they truly are is the sponsor AIG.

I say this without any hint of sarcasm, and I mean it absolutely genuinely given the enormity and the terrible, terrible tragedy of what happened in 1958, if City were to do something as crass as that, I'd walk away from the game.

How can you justify putting the name of a sponsor on something so sacred?

The words "crass", "insensitive" and "disingenuous" do not do justice to it. I appreciate the fans complained, but how there was not wide and full scale revolution, I do not know.<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:53 pm --<br /><br />
rickmcfc said:
daveduke67 said:

2uh1jrm.jpg

Pure brilliant, love that and its all so, so true as i know first hand. I have never mentioned this before on BM and im sure i will get called a "rag" in a joke kind of way, but my grandad played for united with the busby babes. He should have been on the plane that night in munich, but a player called mark jones, who returned from injury took his place on the plane, my grandad was gutted and was really pissed off not to be playing in the European Cup that night for united. Thank god he didnt go as mark jones was one of the men who did die that night, basically that would/could/should have been my grandad but instead mark jones was picked to go. My grandad never gets anything from united, as do non of the other players from that era who played in the late 50's. All he gets is a golf invitation once a year where all the old players go and have a round of golf. It used to be paid for by the club, but now they have to pay for it themselves. They will continue to "milk" the dreadfull events of that night but wont help and support those who were directly moved and emotionally hurt by the events.

Is your Grandad Joe Clayton?

strongbowholic said:
daveduke67 said:

2uh1jrm.jpg
Powerful image that.

On the one hand it's a rallying call to the fans - spirit of the team of '58 whose lives were so very tragically cut short and all the positives a club should take from it...

And then right there, as an affront to the memory of those who died and as a reminder as to all what a corporate driven, "it's-all-about-the-bottom-line" organisation they truly are is the sponsor AIG.

I say this without any hint of sarcasm, and I mean it absolutely genuinely given the enormity and the terrible, terrible tragedy of what happened in 1958, if City were to do something as crass as that, I'd walk away from the game.

How can you justify putting the name of a sponsor on something so sacred?

The words "crass", "insensitive" and "disingenuous" do not do justice to it. I appreciate the fans complained, but how there was not wide and full scale revolution, I do not know.

-- Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:53 pm --

rickmcfc said:
Pure brilliant, love that and its all so, so true as i know first hand. I have never mentioned this before on BM and im sure i will get called a "rag" in a joke kind of way, but my grandad played for united with the busby babes. He should have been on the plane that night in munich, but a player called mark jones, who returned from injury took his place on the plane, my grandad was gutted and was really pissed off not to be playing in the European Cup that night for united. Thank god he didnt go as mark jones was one of the men who did die that night, basically that would/could/should have been my grandad but instead mark jones was picked to go. My grandad never gets anything from united, as do non of the other players from that era who played in the late 50's. All he gets is a golf invitation once a year where all the old players go and have a round of golf. It used to be paid for by the club, but now they have to pay for it themselves. They will continue to "milk" the dreadfull events of that night but wont help and support those who were directly moved and emotionally hurt by the events.

Is your Grandad Joe Clayton?

Wasn't Grandad Joe cup tied?

daveduke67 said:

2uh1jrm.jpg
hang on a min! man u, families, young players in one sentence!! don't make me laugh! Albert scanlons son used to be my apprentice! i picked him up from ordsall every day, met his old man (RIP) and you wouldn't believe what they said about this "loving family club"

Commercial cunts who care about money above all else! Did you know albert couldn't get tickets to owed trafford for starters!!! sshh don't tell anyone but it started well before the glazers!

salfordpaul said:
daveduke67 said:

2uh1jrm.jpg
hang on a min! man u, families, young players in one sentence!! don't make me laugh! Albert scanlons son used to be my apprentice! i picked him up from ordsall every day, met his old man (RIP) and you wouldn't believe what they said about this "loving family club"

Commercial ***** who care about money above all else! Did you know albert couldn't get tickets to owed trafford for starters!!! sshh don't tell anyone but it started well before the glazers!

Have you read the poster?

0161 said:
Biggsy1 said:
Tick tock tick tock!!

Now I'm a placid red, with many blue mates and even red vermin mates. But I must say this 'tick tock' stuff is proper cringeworthy - almost embarrassing - when you consider our three victories last season. It doesn't offend any reds I know, and simply reminds us of those glorious derbies.

5bsavb.jpg

So, erm, keep it coming :)

Oh and this mural is better.

3xyf93v

All the best on Saturday.
136c7a1a7804.jpg

Erm actually 0161
i think you'll find that its actually this thats embarrassing

0161 said:
Oh and this mural is better.

3xyf93v

All the best on Saturday.

Cute.

Give me the Gallaghers, Curly Watts and Ricky Hatton anyday over Eamon 'the blob' Holmes, Mick Hucknall and Angus Deayton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.