Our Club is changing

i kne albert davy said:
BluePurgatory said:
Mugatu said:
Which, the foreign looking lads, or the ones in the zany wigs? Which ones do you reserve the most hate for? Are the zany wigs from Manchester? Do they sing? We need answers.
Beguning to suspect that our Liam is a tad bit racist (sic) and shame on the mods for allowing that picture . Cant be very welcoming for our asian blues. To say or do nothing is to take sides
Liam might hate Utd and the type of support they attract that don't make him a racist.Thats just his opinion on the forum you've got him in a white pointy hat wiv a burning cross in the back garden.
Racists are not always extremists of the KKK type.

As a "Chinese", I find it difficult to overlook the fact that one of the kind of supporters he doesn't want are the "foreign looking lads".

There is a bit of an irony here - one of the most common criticisms of these "foreigners" is that they lack "passion" for their clubs. Look again at the foreign looking lads. "Rags" they are undoubtedly, misguided they might be - but passion they certainly do not seem to lack!

Frank H said:
i kne albert davy said:
BluePurgatory said:
Beguning to suspect that our Liam is a tad bit racist (sic) and shame on the mods for allowing that picture . Cant be very welcoming for our asian blues. To say or do nothing is to take sides
Liam might hate Utd and the type of support they attract that don't make him a racist.Thats just his opinion on the forum you've got him in a white pointy hat wiv a burning cross in the back garden.

As a "Chinese", I find it difficult to overlook the fact that one of the kind of supporters he doesn't want are the "foreign looking lads".

There is a bit of an irony here - one of the most common criticisms of these "foreigners" is that they lack "passion" for their clubs. Look again at the foreign looking lads. "Rags" they are undoubtedly, misguided they might be - but passion they certainly do not seem to lack!
You may have a case but personally i think he was trying to show the type of fan who wouldn't be there if Utd were a middle or bottom end of prem team they just looked the personification the typical glory hunter to me the white european and the asian looking ones.

i kne albert davy said:
Frank H said:
i kne albert davy said:

You may have a case but personally i think he was trying to show the type of fan who wouldn't be there if Utd were a middle or bottom end of prem team they just looked the personification the typical glory hunter to me the white european and the asian looking ones.
Yes, but there is a general assumption on football fan forums in the minds of such as Liam, that all asian looking fans must be glory hunters.

No such assumption attaches to white european looking ones - they have to look a particular way, and support particular clubs, before attracting that particular insult.

When I first met Liam I thought he was a Norwegian looking Glory seeking twonk :D

He sounded like one after a few bevvies as well.....

as I said above, some of us Blues just have to get used to the idea of sharing.

This club isn't mine, it's owned by an Arabian guy and he can do whatever he wants with it.
I choose to Support his club and one of the reasons why I support this club is because of the hugely diverse mixture of fans that follow this club, and always have.

Not being unfair to a few local clubs near me (Bury, Bolton, Burnley, Wigan) but it's far easier to stereotype one of their fans than it is a Blue.
Usually white middleaged males.

Sorry but I want all genders/races to be welcomed at City.

if this means some glory seeker with no clue about manchester than that's just the way it is :(As said, as long as I can still afford to go to matches, I'm happy.

i kne albert davy said:
Frank H said:
i kne albert davy said:

United were the first prem club to tap into the asian market. That pic was prob taken at a pre season friendly in their own country. Although it was not blatant he used a race of people to make a point in a negative way. I am sure this would not sit comfortable with any of our asian fans.

11266.gif

...even the camera-clickers. If they are giving us their money they aint giving it to the cunts over the road.

Stevie B said:
When I first met Liam I thought he was a Norwegian looking Glory seeking twonk :D

Do you have a problem with Norwegian supporters? Just to inform you we have had a branch since 1974. For me personally, my first game was in 1990 and have been to Manchester 50-60 times to support City.

I am not saying we won't have our fair share of glory hunting twats popping up now and then. And I am really sorry that not everyone of us speak perfect English.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.