Our current badge.

gingerthai said:
Norb said:
If I'd have seen the thread, I might have also taken issue ;)

The version of the crest (the yellow one) that tends to appear on unlicensed merchandise, and to my eternal chagrin, is even displayed by the BBC on their website and TV programmes, has the wrong colour, with the wrong motto in the wrong font (the right one is "Script MT bold")

It winds me up something rotten, and I spent several posts on another forum trying to explain all the things that were wrong with it to another poster, but they couldn't see it as they'd got it from the BBC.

and just to point out the new banner that Mancityfans.net have put on the Colin Bell third tier, has the wrong current crest on it too!

See here

Yeah, it was an oversight on my part because i was in a rush. You would expect better in the other cases you have highlighted.

P.S. Dont show eighthsin these examples, i could be wrong but ive got a feeling he might not like them. ;)

HA!! I completely retract my 'ultimate fail' comment regarding the OP image. That new banner is the ultimate fail. Thanks for pointing that out Norb - i'm glad i'm not alone in my crusade against the fake yellow crest!

I hope a few people learn something from this debacle!

cathkin said:
BlueMo' said:
Back to the original badge for me.
Sack the eagle and the stars,

It's a Phoenix. I agree however.

It's an eagle from the heraldic badge of manchester:

BADGE: An Eagle displayed wings inverted Or the tail feathers enfiled by a Mural Crown Argent the claws grasping the said Crown and charged upon the breast with a Fesse dancetty of two point Gules within an Annulet of the same.

Norb said:
cathkin said:
It's a Phoenix. I agree however.

BADGE: An Eagle displayed wings inverted Or the tail feathers enfiled by a Mural Crown Argent the claws grasping the said Crown and charged upon the breast with a Fesse dancetty of two point Gules within an Annulet of the same.

Now i know. I asked the question a couple of years ago here and was told it was a Phoenix. I will however check out your quote.

cathkin said:
Norb said:

Now i know. I asked the question a couple of years ago here and was told it was a Phoenix. I will however check out your quote.

I refer you to a previous post of mine on the subject - the original artwork of the badge is in the town hall archives if you want to go and take a look...

Click: Manchester Eagle

221780_102164199870995_100002322458197_17672_5758366_a.jpg

This is my attempt :P

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.