Our Defence

Why not play MDM as a d/m in front of Mangala whilst Vinny is out, he would talk him through games, I don't think Mangala is bad, just young and needs to be talked through games

He isn't young. He's an experienced player and if he still needs talking through games then that says something. We certainly can't afford to play a 35 year old defender with no remaining speed, out of position, in a role that demands mobility, just to make up for his shortcomings.

He either shapes up or he ships out. He's getting the chances to show us he can do it and on occasion he has, so let's hope for the best.

I think mangala has become an easy target for fans, yes he makes errors, but so do they all. Kompany last season wasnt great, otamendi has made a few this season but mangala is always the target for the abuse. I think the problem hes had along with most of our defenders is that we cant seem to field the same four for a decent run of games wether thats been down to injuries or MP rotating. Even though he hasnt grabbed this chance with kompany being out i think it will be a good learning experience for Mangala and he will be a much better defender for the rest of the season and next year from this season if he continues to play regularly.

the problem with our back 4 is there is zero communication, i'm guessing Mangala cant speak spanish and Otamendo cant speak french. Their positional play at times is incredibly poor and exposes other players around them. Mangala does get criticsm but he creates problems for himself by giving the ball away in silly areas. When Kompany came on against Sunderland he was organising as he was running to position. We really miss a general to dictate at the back. i have no problem with our full backs its just the centre pairing that need sorting.

I think mangala has become an easy target for fans, yes he makes errors, but so do they all. Kompany last season wasnt great, otamendi has made a few this season but mangala is always the target for the abuse. I think the problem hes had along with most of our defenders is that we cant seem to field the same four for a decent run of games wether thats been down to injuries or MP rotating. Even though he hasnt grabbed this chance with kompany being out i think it will be a good learning experience for Mangala and he will be a much better defender for the rest of the season and next year from this season if he continues to play regularly.

Shocking at times. But dont let that ruin a good story.

For away conversion of chances rate we are 20th out of 20 I learned on Saturday. That is our main problem. Truly appalling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.