Our Defence

You are right he is not a bad defender he is fucking shit and nowhere near the standard we need we carry on like this we will be lucky to get top four

I disagree, he is inconsistent yes but he has had some absoloute class performances agaisnt good opposition. I just think its unlucky that he doesnt have a stable partner in kompany. He needs a mentor and unfortunately the only center half worth learning from is injured majority of the time.

It wasn't actually that bad today Arsenal got two goals from nowhere so that meant City had the chance the game and that always means the opposition will get good chances to counter.

It wasn't actually that bad today Arsenal got two goals from nowhere so that meant City had the chance the game and that always means the opposition will get good chances to counter.

It wasn't from nowhere though. It was from extremely poor defending, especially the second.

Most will mention Kompamy but for me Zabaleta is a huge miss in this team.

Zabaleta, Kompany and Hart for me are our three biggest characters and leaders.

It would appear that defence is a lotabout organisation, communication and partnerships. Zabaleta isn't that much better than Sagna has been this season, but he has a partnership with Vinny which helps them both play in sync with each other and then we get a better collective performance from them. They also work well and have good understanding with Yaya and Joe so it's like theres a diamond there of players who know each other well and function really well together, take one player out of that and maybe another could learn how to gel with it and sagna could have been fine, but take two out, sometimes three when joe's been out and theres no cohesion at all. It's been very unfortunate because im sure a manager would like the chance to change one player at a time in a section of a team and get them to phase newer younger players in but to have to do so many at once is a nightmare. I refuse to see that mangala, otamendi, sagna, etc are useless, very few players would be able to enter a brand new team pretty much and win the league. Consistency has been really lacking and that's what we need. Plus, tactics which aren't so offensively based that the defence is constantly vulnerable. Arsenal were so solid and strong in defence today that they were ready to attack on the break as soon as we inevitably lost the ball and defences are always weaker when backtracking or facing our own goal and we always are whereas their defence were in a line, organised and strong, looking to break us down and push forward while were still on the front foot trying to about-turn.

can sagna do a job at centre half? i think pellers has probably opted for as much continuity at centre half as possible to try and offset the erratic displays of Manga and Ottamendi but i think i would have opted for Zaba, Sagna, Otta and Kolarov.

Why not play MDM as a d/m in front of Mangala whilst Vinny is out, he would talk him through games, I don't think Mangala is bad, just young and needs to be talked through games

Why not play MDM as a d/m in front of Mangala whilst Vinny is out, he would talk him through games, I don't think Mangala is bad, just young and needs to be talked through games

He's not that young, 25 next month. At the same age Kompany was a couple of months away from lifting the FA Cup, Terry had led Chelsea to the title, Ferdinand had just failed a drugs test (but was still a reliable CB). He shouldn't be at his peak yet, but should be well over any initial problems caused by age and inexperience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.