Our expectations to Robinho

Robinho was superb last night, he worked his bollocks off and have never seen him end up behind Bridge so many times when tracking back. His passing was as usual excellant and think he had a far better overall game than both SWP and Ireland. The linesman was dreadful and pulled him back on a number of occasions when he was onside.

My only concern is that he has now been subbed every game so far, just hope this doesn't deflate him in anyway. Can't wait to see him slot in his first of the season

The only criticism I would have of Robinho is the longer he hangs onto the ball the less he seems to do with it. Sometimes you just want him to run down the left flank and put a decent cross in, but he just doesnt want to do that! He hangs onto the ball out wide starts doing pedaletas and all momentum of the attack is lost.

He does his best work when he gets the right support and movement around him.

Ian Wright says the most important lesson he ever learnt at Arsenal was that you should never give the ball away in attacking positions. I think if we are going to step up to Top 4 and European football we are going to have to demand more disciplined football from all our forwards.

banbury_blue said:
Robinho was superb last night, he worked his bollocks off and have never seen him end up behind Bridge so many times when tracking back. His passing was as usual excellent and think he had a far better overall game than both SWP and Ireland. The linesman was dreadful and pulled him back on a number of occasions when he was onside.

My only concern is that he has now been subbed every game so far, just hope this doesn't deflate him in anyway. Can't wait to see him slot in his first of the season

This.
I thought we looked a poorer team after he was subbed

I didn't notice him misplacing many passes last night. Not anymore than Stevie, Barry, Bridge, Tevez, SWP anyway.

Baffling how people still come out with the 'he's not a grafter' shite aswell - see transfer thread.

His passing and movement set up quite a few chances tonight. I thought he had a decent game overall. Not breathtaking but a good game.

have to agree, sick of hearing about robbie being shit, thought he played well last night, he didn't light the game up like we know he can, but still had a good game, one of the better players last night imo. some of those passes were inch perfect.
scored a world class goal, only a blind linesman fooked it.
robbie our first superstar and this is how we treat him..

Ours must be the only club where the leading goalscorer of the previous season gets slated! The man is class, he is there to create and score goals, and last night he tracked back well and was very disiplined. Also don't forget he is playing deeper than last year and his free floating role tag seems to have been removed. Sometimes I think people would like to see grafters like Jamie Pollock back playing for us!

Robinho is one of the best players we have. stop having ago at him. his vision is the by far the best on the pitch. Ireland has been the most disappointing for me so far this season. it might be down to his new position.

ColinBall said:
The only criticism I would have of Robinho is the longer he hangs onto the ball the less he seems to do with it. Sometimes you just want him to run down the left flank and put a decent cross in, but he just doesnt want to do that! He hangs onto the ball out wide starts doing pedaletas and all momentum of the attack is lost.

He does his best work when he gets the right support and movement around him.

Ian Wright says the most important lesson he ever learnt at Arsenal was that you should never give the ball away in attacking positions. I think if we are going to step up to Top 4 and European football we are going to have to demand more disciplined football from all our forwards.

You mean like he did for the goal on Saturday?

fwiw I thought he was poor last night. two or three good moments does not a good game make. it's no coincidence that he was replaced after the second goal, and bellamy was asked to play out of position on the left.

I know robbie creates moments, but he wanders all over the shop. when we struggle to keep possession, we've lost our shape and players are having to make it up as they go along, I always think we'd be better off if he stuck to his area of the pitch a bit more. it's a tricky one, because the unpredictability also causes opponents problems, but I think we should be walking before we try running. for me, he has to show a little more discipline in order to let the whole team play. he isn't our only player with any ability in the final third any more, it's not always about him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.