Our fame is growing - big time

BufordUSABlue

Manchester>Georgia,USA (via Rochdale & Midlands)
Just come back from a family vacation in Disney (Florida) and as usual, I wore nothing but blue with City on it and as always with pride!!..... Only this time they included the immortal wording "CHAMPIONS".......

But, here's the kicker, people were actually stopping me to talk and congratulate me/us and all without exception commented on 'that game'...

They included the following, there were many more believe me but these were the ones i remembered;

2 German's - one said it was the best game of football he had ever seen! and the other said he was pleased we beat Ushited as he hated the rags btw!
A Mexican - he said that he nearly fainted when we scored the 3rd goal as he couldnt beleive that it had happened (he also hated the rags!)
A Seattle fan (MLS) - who shouted at me in Epcot "Go City - congratulations on being champions!"
An American[/b] guy in the hotel who simply said "Well done the champions"
An African guy who said that he watched the game in Nairobi and said that the game was incredible and was soooooooo gald we did it!!
A Brit who was jogging in The Animal Kingdom who shouted "hey mate, well done!!"

By the end of the 3rd day I was simply beaming with pride every time I went out and was loving every minute, even when a rag stopped me outside the Rose & Crown pub in Epcot with his mates saying that i had some shit on my shirt and started pretending to brush it off (I had my Champ61ons golf shirt on) and I replied quite smugly "What the 6-1, or the CHAMPIONS bit, as neither are coming off and will ever be erased pal" (I was quite proud of my instant retort) to his credit he said fair play pal, you deserved it.......I walked off saying "Damn right we did - good luck chasing our tails next season mate!"

So when the expected annual invasion of Florida by the Brits starts this summer, especially all the US bound Blues, wear your champions shirts/memorabilia every time you go out with more pride than usual and await the reaction, if its a tenth as good as what i had you will have a time to remember!!

Have a great summer over here fellow Blues!!

BufordUSABlue said:
Just come back from a family vacation in Disney (Florida) and as usual, I wore nothing but blue with City on it and as always with pride!!..... Only this time they included the immortal wording "CHAMPIONS".......

But, here's the kicker, people were actually stopping me to talk and congratulate me/us and all without exception commented on 'that game'...

They included;

2 German's - one said it was the best game of football he had ever seen! and the other said he was pleased we beat Ushited as he hated the rags btw!
A Mexican - he said that he nearly fainted when we scored the 3rd goal as he couldnt beleive that it had happened (he also hated the rags!)
A Seattle fan (MLS) - who shouted at me in Epcot "Go City - congratulations on being champions!
An American[/b] guy in the hotel who simply said "Well done the champions"
An African guy who said that he watched the game in Nairobi and said that the game was incredible and was soooooooo gald we did it!!
A Brit who was jogging in The Animal Kingdom who shouted "hey mate, well done!!"

By the end of the 3rd day I was simply beaming with pride every time I went out and was loving every minute, even when a rag stopped me outside the Rose & Crown pub in Epcot with his mates saying that i had some shit on my shirt and started pretending to brush it off (I had my Champ61ons golf shirt on) and I replied quite smugly "What the 6-1, or the CHAMPIONS bit, as neither are coming off and will ever be erased pal" (I was quite proud of my instant retort) to his credit he said fair play pal, you deserved it.......I walked off saying "Damn right we did - good luck chasing our tails next season mate!"

So when the expected annual invasion of Florida by the Brits starts this summer, especially all the US bound Blues, wear your champions shirts/memorabilia every time you go out with more pride than usual and await the reaction, if its a tenth as good as what i had you will have a time to remember!!

Have a great summer over here fellow Blues!!

This is how it feels to be City....

May have mentioned this before but having not long come back again from the Middle East it has changed. Being going there for the past 22 years. You can go into most bars normally and watch all games on different screens / TV's however the commentry was always on Man U / Liverpool. Ever game this season it was on us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.