Our glaring weakness at LB, will it be fixed?

The problem is rotation, whenever clichy and kolarov find their form after a run of games there rested, any player would struggle to play his best if hes in and out of the side every few games. Need to keep a conistant back four imo

It's certainly a position that people will identify as a weakness.

I personally rate Clichy more then I do Kolarov. Clichy more comfortable on the ball, he tales better care of it. Where I think Kolarov actually lacks a brain and he's careless in possession. He's obsessed with smacking the ball as hard as possible, even if it's a five yard pass.

Just about hit the nail on the head with this post.

This season we have prioritised Sterling Pogba and De Bruyne. We aren't fantastic at left back but I think we can survive another year with Kolarov and Clichy. I think next Summer we will get a new Right Back to replace Sagna and a new Left Back to replace Kolarov.

I guess we are hoping to see how Angelino does at NYC, as we can easily make do with Kolarov and Clichy for another year.

This season we have prioritised Sterling Pogba and De Bruyne. We aren't fantastic at left back but I think we can survive another year with Kolarov and Clichy. I think next Summer we will get a new Right Back to replace Sagna and a new Left Back to replace Kolarov.

What do you mean by 'survive'? Be a bit shit in this position but hope we don't lose too many games as a result? I'll be disappointed in the club if those last 6 games managed to convince them Kolarov doesn't need replacing.

LB has wound my Dad up for years.

I can see his point.

While Clichy keeps the ball well and Kolarov can add some dangerous aspects to our attack; Clichy doesn't take much responsibility for creating anything for others though (often just passed backwards or sideways) and Kolarov is very wasteful. Also neither are particularly good defenders at all.

Neither would make Alba or Alaba sweat over their places at Barça or Bayern.

What do you mean by 'survive'? Be a bit shit in this position but hope we don't lose too many games as a result? I'll be disappointed in the club if those last 6 games managed to convince them Kolarov doesn't need replacing.
I mean our current left back options won't prove to be detrimental to a title challenge. They are both OK players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.