Our New Centre Half

Upson seems likely... MH seems to like bringing in players already in the EPL and especially English internationals (Bridge, Barry, Lescott).

I've been impressed with Upson when I've watched him play for England and think he partners Terry far better than Ferdiand.

Anyone think Fabricio Coloccini would be a good signing?

This is awful.

we are 12 pages in and apart from Quote - " That Irish lad at Villa"

I have not seen anybody yet I fancy. There has to be some special Defenders out there surely.

I have not seen anybody yet I fancy. There has to be some special Defenders out there surely.[/quote]

The fact that you can't name one tells a story.

Mertesacker is pure quality for years. Wonder why he is still in Bremen.
Höwedes is another interesting player.

We need new full backs, Micah is not up to the standard which we want to be playing at, he should have been but he's not developed into the player we all hoped. Bridge on his day is class, i've been impressed with him this season, but he still makes silly mistakes, he's not particularly great at defending, and his clever attacking/linking play is let down by his lack of pace, he would fit in to fulhams/evertons team, not ours, we need the best in all positions. Look at chelsea's full backs, cole and bosingwa, both quick, very dangerous on the attack but both quick enough to get back to defend every time needed.

I must say that Toure has been poor recently, but it cant be easy for him when he probably feels he needs to look out for micah all the time, it was the same for dunnie, he was class until richards turned shite, but if you have to concentrate on someone elses game then you cant fully concentrate on your own.

I know we may need another defender due to injuries but i definitely think full backs have to be the priority, what do you guys think??
CTID

I posted this as inside info a few weeks back. The guy who told me this, mentioned Carvalho.

Anyway, I honestly don't think we need another CB. We have Toure, Lescott, Onohua and Kompany. Obviously, Toure and Lescott will be out in January, but what's the point of paying their wages if they aren't going to play? Richards can also do a job there.

I think the one vital component that everybody seems to be missing, is that the only decent CB partnerships we've had in recent memories were Dunne/Distin and Dunne/Richards. The one thing that is a constant throughout this, is that Richards wasn't playing at RB for these roles (Sun Jihai for Dunne/Distin IIRC).

We have two full backs who charge up the pitch and have trouble getting back somewhat. This is partially covered up by the excellent work of De Jong, SWP and Bellamy covering their positions, but the underlying problem remains. Too many times we have conceded goals from a wide cross, as one of our CBs has to close down the winger, which leaves massive gaps.

In my opinion, we need full backs, not centre backs. I don't think anybody really believes that Lescott and Toure aren't quality defenders, if we put two excellent full backs next to them, their life would be considerably easier and the spaces in our defence would disappear.

EDIT : Adebayor beat me to it, should have read the whole thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.