Our Squad.

• Thread starter Deleted member 14625
  • Start date
wasnt Guidetti signed as 15 years old for city and he now is 19... that would make it 4 years with us... and even if he was 16 that makes it 3 years... i know he signed when sven was our manager...

gman07 said:
wasnt Guidetti signed as 15 years old for city and he now is 19... that would make it 4 years with us... and even if he was 16 that makes it 3 years... i know he signed when sven was our manager...

He is 18. According to his Wiki he signed for us in April 2008 when he was 15 and won't have completed three years with us until April 2011.

johnny crossan said:
Back to Balotelli & Guidetti. The Europa League Regulations make it clear that Balotelli is ineligible for the B list for that competition but that Guidetti, even though he has been at the club for less than 3 years, is eligible.

"Conditions for registration: List B
18.15 Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B
during the season. The list must be submitted by no later than 24.00 CET on
the day before the match in question.
18.16 A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1989
and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted
period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with
UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been
registered with the participating club for the previous two years without
interruption."

<a class="postlink" href="http://ua.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/UEFACup/84/52/89/845289_DOWNLOAD.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ua.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Down ... WNLOAD.pdf</a>

Whether that applies to the Premier League is still puzzling me. It should but they don't actually say so anywhere I've found yet.

Ya JC I saw this bit of the UEFA regs yesterday. It is really confusing whether this will apply in the PL though. A lot of the articles on the UEFA regs mention that they have been designed to make poaching youngsters less attractive, I think that is why it has this 2 years stipulation.

However, the PL surely wants to encourage English clubs to poach top talent so wouldn't have as much incentive to include this type of rule.

I can't understand why the PL don't just have all the regulations available on their website like UEFA do. Lets hope the clubs have actually been sent the full bloody thing.

depps said:
johnny crossan said:
Back to Balotelli & Guidetti. The Europa League Regulations make it clear that Balotelli is ineligible for the B list for that competition but that Guidetti, even though he has been at the club for less than 3 years, is eligible.

"Conditions for registration: List B
18.15 Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B
during the season. The list must be submitted by no later than 24.00 CET on
the day before the match in question.
18.16 A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1989
and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted
period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with
UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been
registered with the participating club for the previous two years without
interruption."

<a class="postlink" href="http://ua.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/UEFACup/84/52/89/845289_DOWNLOAD.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ua.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Down ... WNLOAD.pdf</a>

Whether that applies to the Premier League is still puzzling me. It should but they don't actually say so anywhere I've found yet.

Ya JC I saw this bit of the UEFA regs yesterday. It is really confusing whether this will apply in the PL though. A lot of the articles on the UEFA regs mention that they have been designed to make poaching youngsters less attractive, I think that is why it has this 2 years stipulation.

However, the PL surely wants to encourage English clubs to poach top talent so wouldn't have as much incentive to include this type of rule.

I can't understand why the PL don't just have all the regulations available on their website like UEFA do. Lets hope the clubs have actually been sent the full bloody thing.

From my understanding, the main difference is that the PL don't say 4 homegrown club players like UEFA out of the 8 required.

However, it is my understanding that to get on the B list of either competition for under 21's you have to be at the club for a certain period. I thought it was 3 years, but it looks 2 for UEFA.

-- Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:43 am --

johnny crossan said:
gman07 said:

He is 18. According to his Wiki he signed for us in April 2008 when he was 15 and won't have completed three years with us until April 2011.

Yep he is 18 according to this site

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfcreservesandacademy.co.uk/guidetti/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfcreservesandacademy.co.uk/guidetti/</a>

Date of birth:

Nationality:

Swedish

Position :Forward

International caps:

Sweden U16 and U17

John joined City from Swedish side Brommapojkarna after having turned down an offer from Italian side Sampdoria.

Having made an impact for City's U18 side, and the clubs Totesport reserve team in March 2010 he made his full debut for the senior reserve side and scored a hat trick against Burnley

I would recommend bookmarking this site, because they are well up to speed concerning the academy and reserves.

Here's my run down of the squad.

Keepers

GK: Hart / Given / Taylor

Youngsters: Gonzales, Gunnar (LOAN)
Could leave: None
Signings: None

Defenders

RB: Boateng / Richards / Zabaleta
RCB: K. Toure / Boyata / Onuoha
LCB: Kompany / Lescott
LB: Kolarov / Garrido / Bridge

Youngsters: Cunningham, Vidal, Logan
Could leave: Onuoha, Bridge
Signings: None

Midfielders

RM: A. Johnson / Wright-Phillips
RDM: Y. Toure / Vieira
LDM: N. De Jong / Barry
LM: D. Silva / Bellamy
AM: Ireland / M. Johnson

Youngsters: Ibrahim, Weiss, Etuhu
Could leave: Bellamy, Ireland
Signings: Milner

Forwards

ST: Tevez / Jo / Robinho
CF: Adebayor / Santa-Cruz / Caicdeo

Youngsters: Nimley, Ball (LOAN)
Could leave: Jo, Robinho, Santa-Cruz, Caicedo
Signings: Balotelli, Ibrahimovich, Torres, Dzeko

That's 38 current players including the young players named. Did I miss anyone?

There will be quite a few leaving before September 1st but my only concern is getting the forwards we need. I really hope we sell 4/6 of the current forwards and bring in two quality players. Looks like Balotelli +1.

we have a big squad but are short on quality in depth watched the game tonight and was impressed with nimley out of the young lads and boyata all of the rest look average.looking forward to the new players coming in and to how the squad will shape up.still feel we are lacking a ball player in the middle of the park .

very true and that is why we should be working on bringing in a great right winger to push johnson even more also because he is left footed and cannot cross the ball that well with his right foot.

i think toure is going to be that ball player next to de jong i hope because vieira and barry are both rubbish and slow,would love to see robinho come back and really be the player we know he can be but also form a good duo with silva.

Balotelli would at least make adebayor work harder and try at improving his game as balotelli is like him but with better technique and link up play.

Bridge was under the bridge again,to see a professional footballer have so much problem using his right foot is criminal but to not want to use it and then in doing so putting your team in trouble is really dumb.

i agree zin maybe yaya will play a more advanced role with de jong holding i also agree with your point about bridge being so one footed he just seems to easy to go past and never stops the ball coming into the box.adeabayor will come gud that i have nt got a doubt .still unsure who will be centre back though.But for me robiniho can go is heart has never been with city but we need to get some money for him none of this letting him go on loan buisness anymore.

Keepers: Shay Given (IRL) Joe Hart (ENG) Stuart Taylor (ENG)

Defenders:
Jerome Boateng (GER) Joleon Lescott (ENG) Wayne Bridge (ENG) Javier Garrido (ESP) Micah Richards (ENG) Kolo Toure (CIV) Pablo Zabaleta (ARG) Aleksander Kolarov (SRB)

Midfielders
Adam Johnson (ENG) David Silva (ESP) Gareth Barry (ENG) Patrick Vieira (FRA) Yaya Toure (CIV) Nigel de Jong (NED) Stephen Ireland (IRL) Michael Johnson (ENG) Vincent Kompany (BEL) Shaun Wright-Phillips (ENG)

Strikers
Emmanuel Adebayor (TGO) Craig Bellamy (WAL) Carlos Tevez (ARG) Mario Balotelli (ITA)

Heres the potential squad for this season but it still doesnt include other potential signings like milner, torres or Dzeko. If bellamy leaves his place can be taken by either torres or dzeko but i'm strugggling to find another player to release with the problem of the home grown rules.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.