Our Suarez ...... not the racist one :)

I am probably amongst a few people who would advocate having a Reserve team in the League system.

Blue Haze said:
We could have loaned him, but for some reason we didn't.

His time here has really made me question what we are doing. At least we have new management now to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Of course it will happen again, just as we will take players from other clubs. You can't force players to stay.

All of you will have to get used to it. If we have players people want, some of them will go. Also there will be loads of decent quality players who we don't think are quite good enough or as good as others in the same position. Sometimes we will get it wrong.

That's life.

Sure, I'd love him to play for the first team and make the grade, but from what I've read about him it seems that basically, he has one year left on his contract and has had his head turned by Barca. Maybe he would get a chance this season, but to all the people saying "we can't just let talent like him leave" - what do you want City to do? He won't sign a new contract because even if he started every single game he still prizes going to Barca as higher now that he knows they want him, and if we force him to stay then he will mope and grumble for 12 months then leave for free. It's nonsense to hold players in a situation like that. The trick is not letting them get like that in the first place. Once they have had their heads turned, though, they're gone and you just need to face it.

Maybe he's just not that good. Mancini, Pellegrini and all the coaching staff see him day in day out and if he had showed any potential at all he would have got a chance. Yes barca want him, so he must have a bit of talent, but they don't always get it right. As it stands right now on current ability and any potential he has, I'm not bothered at all that he is leaving.

Mayor West said:
Maybe he's just not that good. Mancini, Pellegrini and all the coaching staff see him day in day out and if he had showed any potential at all he would have got a chance. Yes barca want him, so he must have a bit of talent, but they don't always get it right. As it stands right now on current ability and any potential he has, I'm not bothered at all that he is leaving.

That's a theory that should be looked into.

Pellegrini has had all of pre-season to judge him as a player, if he has seen that he is good enough to make the step up he would of told Txiki, so it makes you think if Pellegrini does not rate him that highly enough.

Or, Barca have come in for him after the youth world cup just gone and Suarez feels like he wants to go to one of the big boys in Spain.

If he was that good I would be suprised to see City not put up a decent fight to keep him, so far it looks like they haven't so maybe he is not the player we all think he is??

Time will tell, but I just hope he is not our Pogba equivalent.

He's not leaving City for Barca, he's leaving city for Barca B (3 years there and the possibility of a fourth in Barca A)

He probably knows that he has a better chance of first team football at city than at Barca, but the lure of playing for Barcelona is very difficult to resist for a young spanish player, and with a year left in his contrcat there is not much city can do.

But a question that springs to mind is that if he is one of the most promising academy players, why city (txiki and maybe mancini) didn't offer him a new contract last season?

luna said:
He's not leaving City for Barca, he's leaving city for Barca B (3 years there and the possibility of a fourth in Barca A)

He probably knows that he has a better chance of first team football at city than at Barca, but the lure of playing for Barcelona is very difficult to resist for a young spanish player, and with a year left in his contrcat there is not much city can do.

But a question that springs to mind is that if he is one of the most promising academy players, why city (txiki and maybe mancini) didn't offer him a new contract last season?
Only read a few reports but all said the opposite of this? 1 year with Barça B and then 3 with the senior side.

Joehannes said:
luna said:

Only read a few reports but all said the opposite of this? 1 year with Barça B and then 3 with the senior side.

yep you are completely right, marca and sport said that. (I listened on the radio that was the opposite, but they must been wrong).
so is 1 year at barca b and then three years at barca "a"
Will Denis be ready for Barca after just one year on their "fillial" ?

Joehannes said:
luna said:

It will most likely depend on how well he does.

Sergi Roberto will move to the first team i think and Suarez will fight Roman for a place in the B team. Roman has had a good pre season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.