Our Suarez ...... not the racist one :)

Shame it looks like he's off as I bet Pellegrini would have gave him much more opportunities in the team than Mancini.

I didn't see anything about Denis in Mundo Deportivo, but there is something about it in sport <a class="postlink" href="http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/denis-suarez-podria-ser-blaugrana-esta-semana-2556330" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/d ... na-2556330</a>

They say that he could be a barca player this week.... :(
they don't mention any sources, so i don't know how reliable is that article

Disappointing news if Suarez is leaving for Barcelona and hopefully he will be the last promising youngster to leave our Academy.

There is something very wrong with our system not just city but the whole youth set up. It must be so bloody hard to make the grade from under 21s straight to the first team and not only that but to get in the first team at the top end of the table. For the Spanish teams they have the B teams playing in their lower leagues although I was against this at first I am rapidly coming round to the idea that maybe this should be adopted here. IMO.

We could have loaned him, but for some reason we didn't.

His time here has really made me question what we are doing. At least we have new management now to ensure this doesn't happen again.

There is definitely a contradictory feel to things. Pellegrini comes into the holistic revolution saying we can't spend big all the time and must give youth a chance. Then we spend £82million on four players to improve our squad which is an instant contradiction to our plan to implement homegrown youth.

With that said, there is a perfect opportunity to blood Suarez in with the lack of talent able to play well on the left. Simply sell Sinclair and without signing anyone there would be a place in left midfield for Suarez who played well there for Spain in the U20 World Cup - well enough to bring Barcelona to the club with a cash offer anyway.

A shame if he goes and we have recruited three Spanish kids into the academy lately + have the outstanding Pozo, so we have to be very careful to avoid this happening again. Both of our main Spanish talents of late have now been taken by Barcelona and Pozo is arguably better than both.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.