Our supporters.

InMyLifetime-BaconChops said:
Rascal said:
Why do people feel the need that they have to sing at a football match?

Its quite bizarre if you think about it

Urr because 47 000 people sitting in silence for 90 minutes would be very bizarre and weary.

We did yesterday and it was refreshing to hear the players from tier two.

Perhaps we cold be the first team to watch a game in complete silence. Imagine the novelty of that.

Rascal said:
Rascal said:

Urr because 47 000 people sitting in silence for 90 minutes would be very bizarre and weary.

Perhaps we cold be the first team to watch a game in complete silence. Imagine the novelty of that.
we already are.....

Rascal said:
Rascal said:

Nowt new in that. It's called Anfield.

Rascal said:
Rascal said:

Think United have already beaten us to it :(

East Level 2 said:
blueste41 said:
I have now moved to east stand level 2, If I was to sing their everyone would view me as a nutter and annoying! I don't know what the answer is but the majority of the crowd are just not up for singing..
Which bit of EL2? If it's the front few rows of 207 I'll join in as will Julie who sits next to me and Andy. And Dave and his dad on the row in front will probably have a go as will Mike and his lads on the row behind.
In all honesty I reckon I do far more singing in a dozen or so away games each season than in a couple of dozen home games.

-- Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:03 pm --

Judge Roughneck said:
alibee73 said:
lets get some of the kippax back, make the whole lower tier of the east stand safe standing, offer cheap tickets and do a kippax card that if you buy it comes with a warning that not only will you be standing but you will be expected to sing too. also first dibs on away tickets would help drag all the singers in.

If only it were that easy. Safe standing in this country is a pipe dream and will be fought every step of the way, not least by the supporters of Liverpool FC. I wish people would stop talking about it like its a simple boardroom decision by the club. I can't ever see it happening.
Was he being serious with a whole host of suggestions that would never happen?

I am looking forward to the 207 singing club. Never heard the JCL from Dublin on my row join in with the songs though.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:20 pm --<br /><br />
Rascal said:

Think United have already beaten us to it :(

Why stop there when we could have a new song albeit a lie. "We never sing at home and we never sing away........."

Judge Roughneck said:
alibee73 said:
lets get some of the kippax back, make the whole lower tier of the east stand safe standing, offer cheap tickets and do a kippax card that if you buy it comes with a warning that not only will you be standing but you will be expected to sing too. also first dibs on away tickets would help drag all the singers in.

If only it were that easy. Safe standing in this country is a pipe dream and will be fought every step of the way, not least by the supporters of Liverpool FC. I wish people would stop talking about it like its a simple boardroom decision by the club. I can't ever see it happening.
Well that would be quite funny considering their fans always stand at away matches plus most persistently stand in the kop.

It will return probably sooner rather than later, apparently celtic are discussing plans to set up a small safe standing section for the celtic ultras.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Judge Roughneck said:
alibee73 said:

Well that would be quite funny considering their fans always stand at away matches plus most persistently stand in the kop.

It will return probably sooner rather than later, apparently celtic are discussing plans to set up a small safe standing section for the celtic ultras.

Yeah but Liverpool fans are just being their usual stubborn selves, all this "Remember the 96!" malarkey. If they took the time to look at how the German's do it they'd realise it really is nothing like the terraces of the late 70s/early 80s. I'm sure the Kop would welcome a return to that format, they'd be like Borussia Dortmund's "wall of yellow"

Dynamo11 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Judge Roughneck said:

Yeah but Liverpool fans are just being their usual stubborn selves, all this "Remember the 96!" malarkey. If they took the time to look at how the German's do it they'd realise it really is nothing like the terraces of the late 70s/early 80s. I'm sure the Kop would welcome a return to that format, they'd be like Borussia Dortmund's "wall of yellow"

I wouldn't class 96 fans beign crushed to thier death as a malarkey.

Seedy Ron said:
The real issue for me concerning our general lack of atmosphere at the etihad for the last couple of years has to be the south stand. We have around 3 or 4 thousand people who, as far as I am aware, have pretty much been given the right to stand for the duration of the game based on the proviso they would help to start/provide some kind of atmosphere on match days.

Instead, as far as I can see, they seem to all stand there with their arms folded waiting for something to happen like they are disgusted it hasn't already. The supporters in the corner next to the away fans are amazing in comparision and try to fight their corner with the opposition fans instead of standing there, looking pissed up and angry and giving them the 'v' sign if the away fans sing anything to their dislike.

I believe the club is meeting a supporters club this week with the issue of the atmosphere being one of the main points of order. Perhaps someone could suggest that the club could play some of the great clips of city fans singing on youtube in the concourse area of the south stand to help get them in the mood or something.

I just feel like a large section of our ground has been given the right to stand for no f*cking reason at all at the moment.

Yeah, a couple of years ago it seemed pretty vibrant compared to the other areas of the ground and someone I know thought they'd have a bit of it. The problem is, he never got behind the team, win or lose, home or away - only noise was when we scored. Looks like the appeal has attracted some fans who don't contribute.

swblue7 said:
Eccles Blue said:
swblue7 said:
Woeful atmosphere v Hull. Thinkin of sacking home matches now and saving money for away matches. You get proper hard core blues at away matches who know how to get behind the team and have some banter and loads of singin.
Went to Cardiff last week, great atmosphere all around the ground and 2.5k blues all packed together givin it plenty of decibells for most of the match. great crack and banter and atmosphere, which is a big part of why I love goin to the match.
Songs of the day at Cardiff,

"Here's to you Vincent Company, City love You more than you will Know o o ohh."...................

"We still play in blue, we still play in blue ue ue, we are Man City, we still play in blue." !!

"ENGERELAND, ENGERLAND ENGERLAND......................................."

Fuckin ace,

shame we cant defend corners though

Errrr there was no way you were in the STANDS at Cardiff if you heard the Vincent Kompany song!! That was only sung in the concourse. As for the atmosphere, well we definitely didn't out sing the Cardiff fans and two minutes of Engerland, Engerland, Engerland followed by one minute (if that) of 'We still play in Blue' are not exactly 'loads of singing'!!! 90 minutes football is played (plus stoppage time) and 5 minutes of singing does not really cut it now does it??

Sorry to rain on your parade, normally at away matches we do get a good atmosphere and lots of singing but Cardiff nooooooooooooooo.

Total Bollocks, plenty of singin at the Cardiff match no different than most away matches, (dont remember sayin we outsung Cardiff though) bore off and put your ear plugs back in, the same ones you were wearing at Cardiff (if you were there)

Ooops, I said I wasn't getting involved in this thread any more...................... but I couldn't let that one go, sorry guys and gals.

Oh I was there all right, singing away to myself in my little corner, to the right of the goal on the front row, .......... where, if you ask the people who know me, they will tell you I am always to be found, on the front row I mean. As for ear plugs, crikey I didn't need ear plugs at Cardiff......... yes there was plenty of singing....... as I keep saying, on the concourse not on the terraces!! But hey, don't you worry about it sunshine, just you show your righteous indignation and ignore the truth. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.