Our supporters.

Blue Theatre said:
I'm always surprised when the people around me start tutting and moaning over a misplaced pass (which they do, a lot)

... I'm surprised because we've all (well, most of us) been through some really awful times, watching dire stuff in the 2nd and 3rd divisions, and relegation seasons in the top flight ... City really were bad at times

... so moaning when we're now watching Silva, Yaya, Sergio, Vinnie et al, just seems very odd.

Do some people just like to moan ? And are such people naturally drawn to supporting City for some reason ?? I do wonder, sometimes.

Probably a lifetime of supporting City has lots to do with it. We've had so much rubbish to endure over decades, and now the tide has turned in our favour, it's hard to ditch the pessimism through the fear of it all going pear shaped again. We're all cynics, really. Except me of course!

Blue Theatre said:
I'm always surprised when the people around me start tutting and moaning over a misplaced pass (which they do, a lot)

... I'm surprised because we've all (well, most of us) been through some really awful times, watching dire stuff in the 2nd and 3rd divisions, and relegation seasons in the top flight ... City really were bad at times

... so moaning when we're now watching Silva, Yaya, Sergio, Vinnie et al, just seems very odd.

Do some people just like to moan ? And are such people naturally drawn to supporting City for some reason ?? I do wonder, sometimes.

Don't see a problem with people tutting and moaning(a bit) with a misplaced pass. Should we celebrate it instead? I'm disappointed when a pass goes wrong, and while there's no reason to go over the top don't see why I should hide that. It doesnt mean that I won't encourage the players and team, and hope the next one goes better.

Personally think the players need to take responsibility a bit, the way we approached the Hull game was never going to result in a good atmosphere. We're capable of much better performance and when we perform up to what we're capable of the atmosphere tends to be pretty good.

I'm no cynic said:
TGR said:
lordloverocket said:
I think a victor meldrew stand would defo work. we have by far the greatest moaners,groaners and miserable bastards the world will ever see.

We had a Victor Meldrew stand decades ago. It was the main stand at Maine Road.
I used to sit near a bloke who brought the Daily Telegraph to every game and read it from
cover to cover. He reckoned it was far more interesting than the football. To be fair we were
in the old 3rd division at the time. I had some of the best moans of my life in those days.
It was a moaners paradise. My spiritual home without a doubt.

I remember it well. Silence, except for the dreaded slow hand clap which was delivered with a tempo that matched a church bell funeral dirge. We were famous for that! In those days, the manager [Les McDowell] was seated in the Directors Box, so heaven knows what was going through his mind as it was delivered. His successor, George Poyser didn't get it as bad even though his team was struggling in Division Two. This was probably because our support base had been driven away by then. In years to follow, after Joe Mercer had restored pride to the club, supporters were much more jolly and when the Kippax went into a rendition of "North Stand, North Stand, Give us a song" this would bring out a subdued chant to which the Kippax lads would applaud. The song would then be aimed at the Platt Lane End with similar applause. Then when it was the Main Stand's turn, there was silence and the Kippax lads booed. The only time I can ever remember the Main Stand breaking out into song, indeed starting it, was in the ECWC semi against Schalke and this was a cause of great amusement to us all, but we were thrashing the Germans at the time, so it would!

I remember sitting in A Block of the Main Stand in the late 80's early 90's and the atmosphere was good. There were some top lads in there. The North Stand lot new us very well.

Does anyone seriously think design of the stadium is the reason for our poor atmosphere? Clearly you weren't there for Hamburg!

gkmcfc said:
Does anyone seriously think design of the stadium is the reason for our poor atmosphere? Clearly you weren't there for Hamburg!
I blame the 'tutters'.
Yep that's right the fuckin 'tutters'. Trust me, the tutters kill it dead.

All of the obscure kick off times doesn't help matters.

I'm back in the south stand after 2 years dotted about and there is a massive difference in just that space of time, much less vocal.

Eccles Blue said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
gkmcfc said:
I blame the 'tutters'.

Tut, tut, tut. ;-)
Were you sat behind me at Wembley? I'd recognise that voice anywhere.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Eccles Blue said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
I blame the 'tutters'.

Tut, tut, tut. ;-)
Were you sat behind me at Wembley? I'd recognise that voice anywhere.

*lol* no sorry, I was on the front row so behind no one............... unless your sense of direction was off?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.