Our top ten players since ww2? A tough debate.

In no particular order

1. KDB
2. David Silva
3. Haaland
4. Kompany
5. Tevez
6. Aguero
7. Dias
8. SWP
9. YaYa
10. Balotelli

It's time to realise that Bell, Lee & Summerbee are no longer in our top ten, brilliant players in their time, no doubt, but only nostalgia allows them to keep getting into our top ten nowadays.

It's time to realise that Bell, Lee & Summerbee are no longer in our top ten, brilliant players in their time, no doubt, but only nostalgia allows them to keep getting into our top ten nowadays.
With respect Colin Bell will always be one of our best players ever, nostalgia or no nostalgia,
Ok as us old farts die off and the younger generation take over he might become less recognised for the player he was but to say he should no longer be in our clubs top 10 players is quite frankly absolute bollocks.
(unless you are on a wind up?)

Not true, Bell in the present side would be world class. None of the wingers we have had recently are in Summerbee's class for aggression, directness and keeping the ball moving at speed.

The best City player Must, as a matter of principle, have been a part of the treble winning team. Period.

So by right and default Kevin Debruyne is City's best ever player.

1. Kevin Debruyne ( Simply the Greatest)
2. Colin Bell ( Best City player pre Greatness Era)
3. David Silva ( Most loved City player Ever)
4. Kun Aguero (The Icon)
5. Vincent Kompany ( Greatest Captain and leader)
6. Yaya Toure ( Most dominant City player ever)
7. Erling Haaland (Most dominant Striker)
8.Rodri ( Best DM ever. And I say that with pride.)
9. Ilkay Gundogan (Most clutch City player ever)
10. Bernardo ( Most Versatile City player ever)

Honorable Mentions
Fernandihno, Dias, Stones, Trautmann, Hart, Tevez.

Yeah, but that's my current 10. I can see Dias and Stones forcing their way on eventually.

With respect Colin Bell will always be one of our best players ever, nostalgia or no nostalgia,
Ok as us old farts die off and the younger generation take over he might become less recognised for the player he was but to say he should no longer be in our clubs top 10 players is quite frankly absolute bollocks.
(unless you are on a wind up?)
I'm just pointing out the absurdity of comparing how good players are in general and in particular between generations. It's a bit like a 'my dad's bigger than your dad thread'.

So hard to pick.

Best players ive seen (since 79)

KDB shades it for me. Hes got the lot.
Silva
Toure.
Tevez
Komps
Fern
Sergio
Rodders
Weve been lucky
Im putting lakey in because he wouldve been up there.

But then i have favourite players, not probably the best but goater, dunne, zabba, mcnab, SWP, bishop, hart etc

And from my youth i thought the likes of bobby macdonald, tolmie, parlane , paul simpson, david phillips were the best players on the planet

Add in the home growns who we all loved, whitey, moulden, redmond, himchcliffe, brightwell

Ive loved being a blue

Remember a couple of years back there was a player of ours mentioned who back in the 20s I think was an all rounder. Played for us and was brilliant but also I think played at Wimbledon at tennis. Anyway he was lauded by city fans at that era has the best city player ever. So what I’m trying to convey is every generation had its heroes but to compare like for like is impossible. Saw king Colin in his pomp and him and Franny and buzzer were my favourites but so are David Silva yaya zaba. Think you get the gist.

Remember a couple of years back there was a player of ours mentioned who back in the 20s I think was an all rounder. Played for us and was brilliant but also I think played at Wimbledon at tennis. Anyway he was lauded by city fans at that era has the best city player ever. So what I’m trying to convey is every generation had its heroes but to compare like for like is impossible. Saw king Colin in his pomp and him and Franny and buzzer were my favourites but so are David Silva yaya zaba. Think you get the gist.
Sam woosnam

Notable mentions for billy meredith, peter doherty too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.