Our top ten players since ww2? A tough debate.

I wasn't born when the likes of Bell, Lee and Summerbee played but here's my top 10:

1. Aguero. It doesn't matter what anyone else does for City, THAT goal will never be topped. As a result, he will always be #1 for me. He's also scored a lot of big goals for us and never let us down. A legend.

2. Kompany. Leader and scorer of some vital goals for us like when we beat United and also against Leicester. One of those players who just made the team better when he played and was also able to dish out the 'tasty stuff' when needed.

3. David Silva. Made the game look so simple you couldn't understand why no one else could do what he did. One of the finest players ever to play in England and the pass to Dzeko in the 1-6 is the best pass I've ever seen.

4. Andy Morrison. If it wasn't for him, we never have got out of Div 2. Single-handededly grabbed the club by it's bollocks and dragged them with him. One of our best ever signings.

5. Yaya. At his best, Yaya was the best player ever to play for this club. Fast, powerful, two-footed, could tackle, dribble, could score from 35 yards, great penalty taker. Probably had more to his overall game than KdB IMO and scored some colossal goals for us. I honestly think without him, we'd took a few years longer to win our first trophies. He was one of them players who would rise the the occasion.

6. Haaland. He will become one of the greatest ever strikers of all time, without doubt. He is the kind of player who we'd have seen at peak Madrid a few years ago and should enjoy him whilst he's here. He's got multiple Ballon D'Ors in him.

7. Ali Benarbia. I was privileged to see his debut for us and he was comfortable one of the best footballers I've ever seen, regardless of what division he was in. I'd loved to have seen Pep manage Ali in his prime. I used to spend all game just wanting us to get the ball to him he was that good. Able to find anyone, anywhere on the pitch and make it look simple.

8. Tevez. Probably an absolute nightmare to manage but played like a fan when he was on the pitch and never gave the opposition a minute. Scored some great goals for us and an absolute beast of a player.

9.KdB. Another big game player who has the ability to change a game with a pass or strike.

10. John Stones. I think when he retires, we will realise that we had one of England's finest ever defenders. Superb on the ball, brilliantly tactically, scores and can get stuck in when he needs to. An absolute Rolls Royce of a defender.

In my lifetime:

1. Aguero
2. Silva
3. Kev
4. Rodri (looks high but I still feel its right)
5. Kompany (amazing leader)
6. Gundogan
7. Ederson (revolutionised the position and our play)
8. Yaya
9. Dias
10. Bernardo

Kyle, Riyad, Phil, John and Erling unlucky to miss out but that's the way the cookie crumbled.

The players that have brought me most joy:

1. Kinkladze - a joy to watch.
2. Benarbia - made us so good to watch and part of one of the best seasons I'd seen at the time. God only knows how many assists he'd get in this team.
3. Yaya - a truly big game player and in his pomp he was absolutely untouchable.
4. Aguero - not just 93:20, he was the best striker in the league for a good few years.
5. Walker - just something likeable about this guy and I loved his reaction to being dropped for the CL final. I like watching him for some reason.
6. Fernandinho - absolute warrior. Loved the way he just used to stare people down. He feared no one. Fucking loved how he broke play up and even more the way other fans disliked him.
7. Bernardo - love the guy, will forever be a legend for not just the coffee cup but the way he just walked off afterwards. Also, probably the best song for a City player right now.
8. KdB - I can watch some of his assists as many times as I can watch match winning goals.
9. Andy Morrison - warrior. Loved the bloke.
10. David White - for a while he was very good to watch and exciting.
Most joy is clearly a very personal thing but I couldn't have a list of those players without David Silva on.
And for joy during troubled times Id add SWP as well.

For me there's a top 6 who are a tier above. Yaya, KDB, Aguero, Tevez, Silva and Kompany.

After that the other 4 spots can go to any of
Gundo, Hart, Sterling, Walker, Dias, Mahrez, Fernandinho and Rodri.

Not including Haaland as he's only been here 1 year but he'll be up in Tier 1 within a couple of seasons.

The swinging sixties, Johnny Crossan, Derek Kevan and Matt Gray but the number one on my list would be Glyn Pardoe

I wasn't born when the likes of Bell, Lee and Summerbee played but here's my top 10:

1. Aguero. It doesn't matter what anyone else does for City, THAT goal will never be topped. As a result, he will always be #1 for me. He's also scored a lot of big goals for us and never let us down. A legend.

2. Kompany. Leader and scorer of some vital goals for us like when we beat United and also against Leicester. One of those players who just made the team better when he played and was also able to dish out the 'tasty stuff' when needed.

3. David Silva. Made the game look so simple you couldn't understand why no one else could do what he did. One of the finest players ever to play in England and the pass to Dzeko in the 1-6 is the best pass I've ever seen.

4. Andy Morrison. If it wasn't for him, we never have got out of Div 2. Single-handededly grabbed the club by it's bollocks and dragged them with him. One of our best ever signings.

5. Yaya. At his best, Yaya was the best player ever to play for this club. Fast, powerful, two-footed, could tackle, dribble, could score from 35 yards, great penalty taker. Probably had more to his overall game than KdB IMO and scored some colossal goals for us. I honestly think without him, we'd took a few years longer to win our first trophies. He was one of them players who would rise the the occasion.

6. Haaland. He will become one of the greatest ever strikers of all time, without doubt. He is the kind of player who we'd have seen at peak Madrid a few years ago and should enjoy him whilst he's here. He's got multiple Ballon D'Ors in him.

7. Ali Benarbia. I was privileged to see his debut for us and he was comfortable one of the best footballers I've ever seen, regardless of what division he was in. I'd loved to have seen Pep manage Ali in his prime. I used to spend all game just wanting us to get the ball to him he was that good. Able to find anyone, anywhere on the pitch and make it look simple.

8. Tevez. Probably an absolute nightmare to manage but played like a fan when he was on the pitch and never gave the opposition a minute. Scored some great goals for us and an absolute beast of a player.

9.KdB. Another big game player who has the ability to change a game with a pass or strike.

10. John Stones. I think when he retires, we will realise that we had one of England's finest ever defenders. Superb on the ball, brilliantly tactically, scores and can get stuck in when he needs to. An absolute Rolls Royce of a defender.
Kev at 9 is absolute criminality

Glad you put Andy Morrison in , personally id find it impossible to pick a top ten

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.