Our Transfers over the next 21 Days ...

The problem City face is that we can't buy like we could in 2008. Financial Fair Play is now coming down the track at an alarming speed. The deadwood of transfer windows pasts are restricting our ability in the transfer market too.

Johnny_on said:
salfordpaul said:
forget slagging off marwood, look ahead, i guarantee we will have two top signings before the window closes...a lot of work is going on in the background, be patient !

didn t nasri play for arse first game of last season against everton?

Gotta see both sides though... Mancini is pissed because his pre-season is messed up and its him who will get shit if we start slowly.

Using Nasri as an example, he did come in late, but can you seriously say he performed before Christmas? I dont remember him having any major impact before then other than the Spurs game. He wasn't integrated into the team properly until Jan, because he was brought in late.

that will now be the case with any signings.

I think the euros fucked up everyone's pre-season.

Johnny_on said:
salfordpaul said:
forget slagging off marwood, look ahead, i guarantee we will have two top signings before the window closes...a lot of work is going on in the background, be patient !

Gotta see both sides though... Mancini is pissed because his pre-season is messed up and its him who will get shit if we start slowly.

Using Nasri as an example, he did come in late, but can you seriously say he performed before Christmas? I dont remember him having any major impact before then other than the Spurs game. He wasn't integrated into the team properly until Jan, because he was brought in late.

Aguero didnt have any pre season with us and he started well good...

and finished even better.

samharris said:
Johnny_on said:
salfordpaul said:

Aguero didnt have any pre season with us and he started well good...

and finished even better.

If we sign someone as good as him i'm sure they'll fit in, but i'll be amazed if anyone of Aguero's quality comes in between now and the end of the window.

If we are looking at youngsters, lets say Javi Martinez, there is an increased possibility of him having a bad game and it knocking his confidence ala Savic.... some players don't recover from that.... (Carroll)

There's so many knock on effects from bringing in players late.. not least the fact you are over a barrel in terms of prices because the teams know you are desperate.

There should be no doubt that the sharpest football mind in the club is Mancini - not Marwood, not Khaldoon and not Sheikh Mansour.

Mancini should be listened to above all others in these matters. Not sure why we need Marwood.

If Khaldoon is too busy with his other business matters then we need a CEO who can work with Mancini - it may not be Marwood's fault, but it is clear that Mancini either doesn't respect him or doesn't like him and is seemingly unable to work with him. Marwood certainly seems to be struggling in both directions - in and out.

Wonder if he proposed selling Mario and taking the money to fund RVP? That would certainly have been the 'easy option', but with Ade and Crocky still on the books I can imagine Mancini hitting the roof over that...

This is an issue that needs resolving, but there is no need to panic, and it certainly seems that panicking is not the style in Abu Dhabi. Sure we will sign at least one, but if we don't we still have the best squad in the comp, and a realistic chance to go far in the CL - don't understand these people who are saying we don't. We'd need a little luck, but all teams do... We'll never eradicate the need for luck.

salfordpaul said:

any chance of a hint at what positions they may be mate? or by pm if u dont want to post in public, thanks Paul.

SalfordCityBlue said:
There should be no doubt that the sharpest football mind in the club is Mancini - not Marwood, not Khaldoon and not Sheikh Mansour.

Mancini should be listened to above all others in these matters. Not sure why we need Marwood.
If Khaldoon is too busy with his other business matters then we need a CEO who can work with Mancini - it may not be Marwood's fault, but it is clear that Mancini either doesn't respect him or doesn't like him and is seemingly unable to work with him. Marwood certainly seems to be struggling in both directions - in and out.

Wonder if he proposed selling Mario and taking the money to fund RVP? That would certainly have been the 'easy option', but with Ade and Crocky still on the books I can imagine Mancini hitting the roof over that...

This is an issue that needs resolving, but there is no need to panic, and it certainly seems that panicking is not the style in Abu Dhabi. Sure we will sign at least one, but if we don't we still have the best squad in the comp, and a realistic chance to go far in the CL - don't understand these people who are saying we don't. We'd need a little luck, but all teams do... We'll never eradicate the need for luck.

This is an excellent post.
The only area I think needs tempering is the bit I highlighted. Mancini has a ruthless streak which is what makes him a winner. He won't do a Wenger and 'police' his own spending aspirations and will probably always woman and moan he isn't getting the players he wants. So, he needs someone to hold him to the Club's budget. Marwood is clearly not working out. I don't see why Kaldoon can't do this.

salfordpaul said:

If you guarantee we will have two top signings then thaks for the info SP.

Dont understand what Marwood is getting all this shit

He is an employee of the club and therefore does as he is told - rather like Mancini - the owners call the shots and the idea that Marwood is derailong or behaving in a manner that is somehow against the wishes of the owners is nonsense

The most likely truth is that any transfers that happen or indeed dont happen is because of the owners not marwood

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.