out and out goalscorer

RIght here goes. Ive just watched the extended highlights video on the official site (so bare in mind it might not contain every attacking incident in the game)

There has been long discussions on this board recently (and in the past) about tactics etc especially to do with if we are negative in our formations/approach when attacking (which i believe we are)

These are all the "goal scoring incidents on that video (Ive added times so people if they wish can go and check and i may have made mistakes as sometimes the angles arent there to see everything you need to.)

1.50 (into the video) AJ shot (robinson saves). Tev and swp in the box. Milner (and i think yaya (though it could be viera) outside the box/edge of box = 5 people in attack....a good chance to score in my opinion though one of either milner or the other player should be busting a gut to be int he box as well

2.40 swp long range effort. Tev, aj, milner all outside box. Rest of team sat 10-15 yds behind the front 3....no support = only half chance at best

3.30 AJ curls ball just wide. TEv and SWP in box. Milner grounded on half way defefenders out number attackers. Maybe AJ could have done better...probably a good chance but not a great one. No other city players in sight

4.30 swp reverse ball to tev in the box. AJ 7-8 yds outside box with swp. No one else with 10-12 yds of the front 3...not even half chance..however leads to corner

4.50 Kompany header from set piece

Blackburn goal...so before this we have had 2 reasonable chances to score and a couple of half chances other than that and kompany's header from a set peice

7.50 swp shot from tight angle under pressure....no more than a half chance. Tev milner aj at least 10yds outside box...this leads to corner from which milner gets a shot on goal from just inside box which is saved by robinson....stlill no ore than a half chance though

HALFTIME

9.20 AJ shot from right side of box. Tev 8-10 yds outside boxalong with milner and AJ.....an ok chance

Viera goal......4 city players in teh box (Viera, tev(crossing the ball) aj, swp ...plus milner on very edge of box

11.20 aj free kkick leads to tev snap shot from outside box.....half chance at very best.

12.00...AJ chipped pass to tev who drags shot wide ....JO in box, viera on edge...no one else any where near

12.55...Barry long range effort. Jo on the edge of the box...richards in the box.
AJ level with barrry when hetakes the shot.....tev 15 yds behind them as is milner

13.30 tev through ball to jo from half way.....when jo takes his shot he has at least two denders with him and not a single city player anywhere near him.......not within at least 20 odd yds

14.40ish milner corss from right into box and tev shoots wide (half chance). Jo in box. Aj in box..(back post) GB 8-10 yds outside box

Silva chipped pass to tev, shot blocked jo in box....shot bloacked. Yaya 6-8 yds outside box> GB 5 yds outside box...milber still out on right wing...lescott (i thikn top left hand corner of box)

NOw if you go through all of these you can see that most of the time we dont attack in numbers, that our midfielders are sat too deep to support the attackers who are then isolated and out numbered by defenders. People on here hae been saying...."but we had 14 attempts on goal...so how can you call us defensive?"....well quite a number of them were nothing but half chances at best for starters, some were long range efforts, one was a header from a set peice and one came from a set piece(short corner..therefore not really open play either).

This i think shows that certainly our midfield is not supporting our attackers well enough leading them isolated. They are sat too far back when we are attacking and that we are relying on the 3 front runners to do ebverything (and they are usually outnumberered greatly by defenders). It also shows that tev at some points is having to drop far far too deep, sometimes leaving no one forward.

This has to change or we will continue to struggle. This happened a lot last year and is still happening.

minnesota blue said:
Balti said:
and Nimely.....

Assuming that the only viable options to play with Tev are currently Jo and Nimely then I'd give the youngster a go. He is presumably in the squad on merit so give him a start. Can't be worse than Jo and might be a good foil for Carlos?
Perhaps try him out at West Brom?

PS I can't believe we have spent all this money and still can't find a decent complement of strikers to see us through injuries and rotation! Just like old times.

Nimely is injured as well, mate.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/September/Tcuimeni-Nimely-ruled-out-for-two-months" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... two-months</a>

Oh deep joy. YCMIU.

simon23 said:
RIght here goes. Ive just watched the extended highlights video on the official site (so bare in mind it might not contain every attacking incident in the game)

There has been long discussions on this board recently (and in the past) about tactics etc especially to do with if we are negative in our formations/approach when attacking (which i believe we are)

These are all the "goal scoring incidents on that video (Ive added times so people if they wish can go and check and i may have made mistakes as sometimes the angles arent there to see everything you need to.)

1.50 (into the video) AJ shot (robinson saves). Tev and swp in the box. Milner (and i think yaya (though it could be viera) outside the box/edge of box = 5 people in attack....a good chance to score in my opinion though one of either milner or the other player should be busting a gut to be int he box as well

2.40 swp long range effort. Tev, aj, milner all outside box. Rest of team sat 10-15 yds behind the front 3....no support = only half chance at best

3.30 AJ curls ball just wide. TEv and SWP in box. Milner grounded on half way defefenders out number attackers. Maybe AJ could have done better...probably a good chance but not a great one. No other city players in sight

4.30 swp reverse ball to tev in the box. AJ 7-8 yds outside box with swp. No one else with 10-12 yds of the front 3...not even half chance..however leads to corner

Blackburn goal...so before this we have had 2 reasonable chances to score and a couple of half chances other than that and kompany's header from a set peice

7.50 swp shot from tight angle under pressure....no more than a half chance. Tev milner aj at least 10yds outside box...this leads to corner from which milner gets a shot on goal from just inside box which is saved by robinson....stlill no ore than a half chance though

HALFTIME

9.20 AJ shot from right side of box. Tev 8-10 yds outside boxalong with milner and AJ.....an ok chance

Viera goal......4 city players in teh box (Viera, tev(crossing the ball) aj, swp ...plus milner on very edge of box

11.20 aj free kkick leads to tev snap shot from outside box.....half chance at very best.

12.00...AJ chipped pass to tev who drags shot wide ....JO in box, viera on edge...no one else any where near

12.55...Barry long range effort. Jo on the edge of the box...richards in the box.
AJ level with barrry when hetakes the shot.....tev 15 yds behind them as is milner

13.30 tev through ball to jo from half way.....when jo takes his shot he has at least two denders with him and not a single city player anywhere near him.......not within at least 20 odd yds

14.40ish milner corss from right into box and tev shoots wide (half chance). Jo in box. Aj in box..(back post) GB 8-10 yds outside box

Silva chipped pass to tev, shot blocked jo in box....shot bloacked. Yaya 6-8 yds outside box> GB 5 yds outside box...milber still out on right wing...lescott (i thikn top left hand corner of box)

NOw if you go through all of these you can see that most of the time we dont attack in numbers, that our midfielders are sat too deep to support the attackers who are then isolated and out numbered by defenders. People on here hae been saying...."but we had 14 attempts on goal...so how can you call us defensive?"....well quite a number of them were nothing but half chances at best for starters, some were long range efforts, one was a header from a set peice and one came from a set piece(short corner..therefore not really open play either).

This i think shows that certainly our midfield is not supporting our attackers well enough leading them isolated. They are sat too far back when we are attacking and that we are relying on the 3 front runners to do ebverything (and they are usually outnumberered greatly by defenders). It also shows that tev at some points is having to drop far far too deep, sometimes leaving no one forward.

This has to change or we will continue to struggle. This happened a lot last year and is still happening.
I agree that the midfield were slow at getting forward in support of Tevez

But Tevez was not fully fit, and other attacking players were not available to mancini

Other key players were also affected by the midweek internationals eg AJ who tired and Milner. Barry was rested leaving the pedestrian Vieira.

It wasn't the best attacking display, but we were rocked by a bad goal, and up to that point we were playing free-flowing attacking football. Despite injuries , the refereeing and the blow of conceding the first goal we still created more than enough chances to win the game comfortably.

You're being blinded by your own negativity and prejudice.

Marvin said:
simon23 said:

HALFTIME

I agree that the midfield were slow at getting forward in support of Tevez

But Tevez was not fully fit, and other attacking players were not available to mancini

Other key players were also affected by the midweek internationals eg AJ who tired and Milner. Barry was rested leaving the pedestrian Vieira.

It wasn't the best attacking display, but we were rocked by a bad goal, and up to that point we were playing free-flowing attacking football. Despite injuries , the refereeing and the blow of conceding the first goal we still created more than enough chances to win the game comfortably.

You're being blinded by your own negativity and prejudice.

go and wathc the video....this is a clear and honest assessment....before the goal we had a couple fo chances....two....one a good one and one a reasonable one (unles there are ones that werent included on the video)....yes we had injuries but he could have started silva but didnt.

i accept the tiredness but we have a big squad and one player who he got rid of in particular would have added greatly to that display and that was bellamy....we are too one paced and pedestrian in attack..the midfield of yaya, barry, and particulalry viera are all slow.....

prejudice has nothing to do with it...i want to see it changed for the benefit of the club and for us fans. if it doesnt change (and im not saying RM wont when he gets all his players back) then we will continue to struggle against oppostion who come and "park the bus".....and we will continue to struggle if RM continues with a system that just doesnt suit the personnel he has available to him riht now

scorer said:
Marvin said:

Not true!

RSC was on the bench, I cannot understand why he was not selected OR brought on as a Sub???

Jo has a little more match sharpness than RSC at the moment. We soon see how fit he really is.

I'm not even going to read all the other posts, I just have 2 words to say...

Mario Balotelli.

20sbc07 said:
I'm not even going to read all the other posts, I just have 2 words to say...

Mario Balotelli.

I know he is injured (as was ade on saturday)...but RM had two fit striklers ont he bench...he should have started with at least one of these..neither are great options in my opinion (RSC or Jo) but they are better than leaving tevez upfront on his own with little to no support

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.