Overseas support

I'm thinking that this may well be based on a calculation related to social media. Something along the lines of "Number of UK-based people following the official Twitter feed in the last year + number of UK-based people liking MCFC on facebook x 5" or some other nonsense. There's likely a whole lot of double-counting people and so on going on.

Tbilisi said:
City1974 said:

Would love to know how we have got a further 10 million in the UK,we need to expand the ground
That surely has to be more of a corporate definition of "supporter" than how any of us would interpret the term.
I'd say it's like United's notorious 666m worldwide "supporters". Really, nothing more than brand awareness and pre-disposition towards same.
By our definition it would be impossible to lose a single "supporter" ever. By theirs, "supporter" numbers will always be in flux.

As if we have 10m fans of any kind in this country!

Having said that, I'm exiled in West Yorkshire. My boys train at an indoor facility set up by Huddersfield Town, and I'm down there a lot. It's really noticeable in the different age groups that those over about 12 have a majority united shirts, and lots of liverpool. The younger age groups of which my kids are, probably have a majority of Barcelona and nearly as many City shirts. There's a very young generation of glory hunters coming through now outside of Manchester.

Didsbury Dave said:

Having said that, I'm exiled in West Yorkshire. My boys train at an indoor facility set up by Huddersfield Town, and I'm down there a lot. It's really noticeable in the different age groups that those over about 12 have a majority united shirts, and lots of liverpool. The younger age groups of which my kids are, probably have a majority of Barcelona and nearly as many City shirts. There's a very young generation of glory hunters coming through now outside of Manchester.

Glad to hear we've got some new fans in some parts of the country at least, cos there's chuff all down here. Same old mix at my lads' school of Chelsea, Rags, Arsenal and Dippers. Only 3 or 4 City (including them) in a school comprising nearly 2000 pupils

mad4city said:
Tbilisi said:
City1974 said:

Would love to know how we have got a further 10 million in the UK,we need to expand the ground
That surely has to be more of a corporate definition of "supporter" than how any of us would interpret the term.
I'd say it's like United's notorious 666m worldwide "supporters". Really, nothing more than brand awareness and pre-disposition towards same.
By our definition it would be impossible to lose a single "supporter" ever. By theirs, "supporter" numbers will always be in flux.

That is one of the best stats I have seen for a while..................................devil worshippers!!!!!!!!!

Bluep*ss said:
mad4city said:
Tbilisi said:

That is one of the best stats I have seen for a while..................................devil worshippers!!!!!!!!!
Wish I could claim it. Think I nicked it off someone on here, actually. Can't recall whom it was though.

Ascetic said:
City1974 said:
Ascetic said:
Cheers. Yes, it was Pizarro unfortunately in his last legs. I think he was brilliant during his time with Spalletti's Roma.

I can't pick and choose dates but I will be there for the Hull game and the tour is a distinct possibility.

Hope if you did visit Manchester the Hull game did not spoil your visit. Things just not quite going well for City over the past few weeks, We hope that will all change.
Come on City !
Keep the faith.

All the best,

Hull at home not the most attractive fixture, but perhaps easier to get tickets for and who cares as long as it is another 3 points on towards another League Title !

Why not also visit the Football Museum in city centre Manchester (near Victoria Train Station) if you get the opportunity.

Hope the weather is kind in February when you visit.

I think I might get away with one of the museums and the game but not both. I'm not travelling alone and given the girl and I both are fans of The Smiths it'll be a negotiation over what we do.

As for the weather I'm counting on proper winter. We're heading to Edinburgh immediately afterwards and I need the break from an already scorching austral summer.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Glad to hear we've got some new fans in some parts of the country at least, cos there's chuff all down here. Same old mix at my lads' school of Chelsea, Rags, Arsenal and Dippers. Only 3 or 4 City (including them) in a school comprising nearly 2000 pupils

Yep. Not seen a single kid sporting City paraphenalia here in Herts since the takeover.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.