Overseas support

Ascetic said:
Universidad de Chile said:
Hi mate!

I´m also from Chile... From Santiago, and I´m also following "Pelle" since he was in San Lorenzo or so.

The weird thing is, that most of the people from Chile, and others that are fans of my club, Universidad de Chile, hate him, or are rather indifferent to him.

I think, due to the fact, that he sent us (Universidad de Chile) to the second level division for the first and only time in our history. And the rest don´t want really Pellegrini, cause they find him too conservative or coward (God-Fearing) in his teams seatings (selections).

Pellegrini is actually a one strange case in the football history of our country, of course.

PD: If you want to come to Germany, I can invite you too, to come here. And you don´t have to have a lot of money, just to want it. Write me an internal message, If you need something mate. Have a nice time "auf die Insel" (= on the island = in the Uk... a popular german expression)

That "la Chile" team had so many issues, it's hard to put it all on a first year coach, but then again, it'll always be easier to blame the coach... even easier if it's his first team.

I think perceptions have changed in Chile over time, unfortunately not too many of our countrymen watched the Villarreal or Malaga teams that were incredibly fun to watch, particularly against La Liga sides. Many people only watched Villarreal Champions fixtures, which of course, meant a more cautious side (defensive to them). It's all ridiculous in hindsight.

Thanks for the invitation, but I'm afraid I'll have to pass. This time I'll be there only for a couple of weeks and plan to visit the whisky distilleries. Perhaps next time. Danke.
No problem, mate.

I even have the suspition, or i guess, If you´re older than a bit 30 years old, and you were an usual visitor from Blondie (the new-wave punk disco in Alameda) as you said you like The Smiths, that i know you maybe. Maybe through "Marino" (DJ @ Blondie) or some people like that.

Anyway, like i said, If you need something, sometimes in the future, just write a privat message, and we could change Facebooks or so. Cuidate loko!!!

i still maintain that blues who were born and still live local are very lucky people, was like that when we were shit and its the same now.
for those that follow from afar it must be murder watching us win everything yet be out of your reach. i hope all of you at least once get over to see the lads play live. you deserve it.

de niro said:
i still maintain that blues who were born and still live local are very lucky people, was like that when we were shit and its the same now.
for those that follow from afar it must be murder watching us win everything yet be out of your reach. i hope all of you at least once get over to see the lads play live. you deserve it.

That's very nice of you. I left Manchester 13 years ago and gave up my Kippax season ticket. Since then, I've tried to see at least one live game a season, but due to work commitments, family reasons and the often sky-high price of travel, it's not always been easy. In fact, it's often easier for me to attend European aways now (even then I can only make it if it's not during semester).
However, being the only Blue in the pub on matchdays, surrounded by plastic Rag, Scouse and Bayern fans can also be a lot of fun, especially when I make as much noise as twenty or thirty plastics!

de niro said:
I'll be over again for the Newcastle game Bill. And you're right; those of you who live close enough to the ground to regularly attend games are blessed.

jimharri said:
de niro said:
I'll be over again for the Newcastle game Bill. And you're right; those of you who live close enough to the ground to regularly attend games are blessed.

It is murder really de Niro and I'm looking forward to my visit even if it's against Hull! I bet it's a tad more exciting than watching on acestream at 9am :)

Universidad de Chile, not really a fan of the Blondie, I'm over 30 but we probably haven't met.

Ascetic said:
jimharri said:
de niro said:

It is murder really de Niro and I'm looking forward to my visit even if it's against Hull! I bet it's a tad more exciting than watching on acestream at 9am :)

Universidad de Chile, not really a fan of the Blondie, I'm over 30 but we probably haven't met.

Haha, could be too, mate. I was only thinking of you as one of my old mates (as you named The Smiths), people who I always meet there to this time in Santiago... Punks, darks and others creatures, at the beginning of the 90s... in La Batuta, Picá d On Chito, Cimarrón, Subterra (disco in Irarrázabal), el Bella, Serrano 444, and people & bands like Pánico, Santiago Rebelde (Corsario), Fiskales, Supersordo, etc, 4etc, etc... but its anyway gone 4 sure... snif, snif... I´m only one of those old school guys.

Machts gut, Mann (= Have a nice day, man... german) :-)

What i find interesting is the age demographic of our overseas support, i know that here in Northern Ireland we are still mainly in our mid 40's+ glory hunters that stuck with the blues through the dark days.
It was not that long ago i would have been going to 18 or so games a season, things like spurs away on good Friday and staying in Manchester for Sunderland on Easter Monday, Forest at home and Wolves away on the Saturday and Monday etc, and it was no fun sitting in the bar on the Birkenhead to Belfast boat, it full of Liverpool fans celebrating beating Trafford while we were realising we were doomed after losing 3-1 @ home to villa after taking the lead

A good indicator of overseas support is the number of city shirts knocking around , presently in costa del sol , spain and seen a couple of 9/10 year olds playing footy in the old city black 2nd team shirt , amongst the usual barca/real shirts . Also went to the Nike store in plaza mayor near malaga and for the 1st time there is a rack of current city tops (priced at 25euro about £16 !!!!) alongside the rags shirts , it appears the word is spreading.

City1974 said:

Man City's fanbase grows 523% as rivals Man Utd see worrying 19% drop off

MANCHESTER CITY have made huge strides one expanding their fan base but it's bad news for rivals Manchester United, according to new figures released today.

Published: 00:00, Wed, February 4, 2015
By Ben Jefferson

Spanish newspaper Sport published research into which European clubs have made the most progress in expanding their global reach.

And with City emerging as a Premier League force in recent seasons, it is no surprise to the the Citizens experiencing massive growth.

The figures suggest that City have seen their fan base grow by a staggering 523 per cent - more than double the growth shown by next best Bayern Munich - in recent times.

The figures show huge growth for Manchester City

Manchester City have seen their fanbase grow enormously

It is suggested that City have gained 72.5m more fans in China, 34.6m in Indonesia, 24.5m in Mexico and 10.1m in United Kingdom.

And while Chelsea and Liverpool have both increased their followers by approximately 80 per cent, the news is less positive for United and Arsenal.

Arsenal saw their fans fall away by three per cent but United - who have struggled since the departure of Sir Alex Ferguson as boss - are said to have seen a 19 per cent drop in fans.

Still, it could be worse - as the graphic shows Serie A side Inter Milan are a team in decline with over 44 per cent of their fan base being eroded away in recent times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.