Overused Words

"Can I get" is said by (it seems) everybody under the age of 30.
It's "can I have ........, please"
You can't get it. That's the responsibility of the person getting it for you.

Oh, Jeez, I admonish my ERO for this one! We're in a cafe and he comes out with it! No, I say, yer can't get 'cos they won't let you in the kitchen!

"Can I get" is said by (it seems) everybody under the age of 30.
It's "can I have ........, please"
You can't get it. That's the responsibility of the person getting it for you.
Absolutely spot on. Completely incorrect English and one that has again, sadly come from over the pond. Due to no decent coffee facilities at work I witness this every morning in pret at monument station. ‘Can I/ may I have’. It’s not difficult you fucking ‘tards

"Super" before an adjective - "it's super hot outside" ...NOOO!

"Myself" in sentence where the word should be "me" - "that's with myself at 3pm" ...NO IT ISN'T! "myself and John will do that" ...NO YOU WON'T!
(You're only supposed to use "myself" when you've used "I" at the start of the sentence, as in when you do something on your own - "i will be doing that myself")

", no?" to finish a sentence - "i would have thought it would be like that, no?" ...MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE AT ALL, STOP IT!

The amount of people who use all three of these is astonishing. Everyone is at it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Huge
In the world
Phobic, as in homophobic , Islamaphobic etc.
(Peculiarly there doesn't appear to be words such as heterophobic or Chritianophobic).

"Myself" in sentence where the word should be "me" - "that's with myself at 3pm" ...NO IT ISN'T! "myself and John will do that" ...NO YOU WON'T!
(You're only supposed to use "myself" when you've used "I" at the start of the sentence, as in when you do something on your own - "i will be doing that myself")

On a similar note, I could scream when asked, “Any drinks or snacks for yourself, sir?”, by air cabin crew. Many of them seem to trot out this dodgy usage and perhaps it’s all part of their customer service training. Anyway, it really grates on myself. Aaargh!

Huge
In the world
Phobic, as in homophobic , Islamaphobic etc.
(Peculiarly there doesn't appear to be words such as heterophobic or Chritianophobic).
Gate endings.

Ending everything with gate. Makes some sense to everyone who knows or cares about watergate but now used as lazy journo shorthand speak.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.