Overused Words

' i tell it like it is'
Usually code for "i have shit for brains but will tell you my uninformed or bigoted views anyway'

I agree with you, but,

to me, the word very is overused

e.g. Roger Bannister was the very first man to run the sub 4 minute mile

Neil Armstrong was the very first man on the moon

No. They were the first. The addition of the word very is irrelevant.
You might as well have said
Roger Bannister was the lawnmower first man to run a sub 4 minute mile. No need for it.

I have never, in all of my 52 years on this planet, erm...42 years, sorry, have heard the word very used in either Roger's or Neil's achievements.

It's always been first man on the moon, first man to run under 4 minutes.

“With all due respect” I don’t mind this one because it’s a pre cursor to telling someone they are completely wrong, something the FB generation have a problem with. EG,when someone goes on about the vermin down the M62, “with all due respect please fuck off, I think Dipperpool FC and Merseyside police are fucking wankers”.

“I was thinking the other day, yeah”, “wouldn’t it be great if everyone agreed with me, yeah” “because I’m the font of all knowledge, yeah” you have to nod your head or say yeah, every time I say yeah, yeah”

Vile - overused by wankers to rightly express feeling about things like child abuse to some shite like a bloke driving at 35 in a 30..

Amazing - used by cünts to talk about everything from a fucking sandwich to unmanned space flight.

Mean - used by skip lickers in sentences for no reason, normally at the start "I mean.......didn't he have a great game".

Like - used every other word by 12 year old girl and mindless fuckers just out to annoy me.

Oh, and before some fucking "liberal" starts, it's not the language evolving, it's just the fucking internet giving voices to fucking iliterate wankers, and media twats being "inclusive" by employing, and giving a voice, to fuckers who should be working on Longsight Market.

.......I think.

Oh the irony....:)

Legend!!! Or even worse ‘LEDGE’

World Class...Overused and given undeservedly

Going Forward... Brenda Rodgers Favourite

‘He’s no James Milner’!!!!!! If said even once it is too much!!!

"Can I get" is said by (it seems) everybody under the age of 30.
It's "can I have ........, please"
You can't get it. That's the responsibility of the person getting it for you.

Not so much a word as a particular phrase..... "there's no doubt about that" as favoured by the GPC in an attempt to give his every slurred utterance some sense of fucking legitimacy.

Lampooned brilliantly here.....

[video]

There was a spate of a phrase on MotD - one reason I stopped watching. After Murphy or similar knob utters a sentence he adds on the end 'he really is' or 'he really has' and occasionally 'he really did'! Moronic!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.