owen hargreaves (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: owen hargreaves

I think its brilliant and shows City in a great light.. Hargreaves knows that the world and his dog know about his injuries and lack of playing time,he could have been snapped up by bottom table clubs or even by Championship sides but no..City give him a chance (medical pending of course) and thats the great bit.. we are on the verge of fantastic things at this club and the fans have been used to fantastic signings and performances of late and the mention of Owen Hargreaves at City has taken many by surprise and has been met with very differing opinions,yet the powers that be at City see the player and the man who is Owen Hargreaves and have the will and tenacity to say " this man deserves a break and and we will give it to him"..this isnt feeling sorry for him by any means, its a club with ambition taking on a player that on his day is very very good and this move has been made to better the squad at our club.

If this comes off and all goes well then we can be proud as fans to have Owen Hargreaves here fighting our cause.. Owen Hargreaves really can be our "Cinderella Man" as this would truly be a rags to riches story,and could have one hell of a happy ending.

All he needs is some luck and he could be great for us. Very unlucky recovering from two knee op's only to then do your hamstring then recover and dislocate your shoulder.

pudge said:
LoveCity said:
Brennan says it will be done in 48 hours.

Someone has to come up with a song about him faking injury for three years to join City. ;)
More like 27 hours

free agent so transfer window does not apply (it will be relevant for the CL squad list but I think thats a couple of days later)

If he can survive the tackles in training from NDJ Kompany and the rest IMO he will be fit enough to play for the team. If we only pay him if he plays we have absolutely nothing to lose. Furthermore because he wants to play we might just see a little bit of the old OH. If that pisses off a few rags along the way all the better still. :-)

greeny-ctid said:
can somebody tell me why it says i didnt make the thread anymore? thanks

dunno mate, you were the first to post it in this mforum, not sure if someone beat you to it in the main forum? Mods should sort this cos if Greeny posted this first then it should surely be in his name?

Good luck to the boy. He was like a dog with a bone when playing for England in midfield.

paphos-mcfc said:
BringBackSwales said:
TCIB said:
For some reason most rags are up in arms about this.
I mean they let him go so surely they should not be arsed ?

Since they are though it's like having extra friend onions on your burger, always welcome.

As stated many times here yep good for pay as you play + i genuinely like the guy, never moans, works hard, and if he stayed fit after 06 id put a large sum on it that he would have been the best player the rags had in a long time.

if it pisses those c**ts off it is a good deal; also IF he is fit then he is a very decent player too. Anyone know how old he is?

30 i believe

thanks

samharris said:
I think its brilliant and shows City in a great light.. Hargreaves knows that the world and his dog know about his injuries and lack of playing time,he could have been snapped up by bottom table clubs or even by Championship sides but no..City give him a chance (medical pending of course) and thats the great bit.. we are on the verge of fantastic things at this club and the fans have been used to fantastic signings and performances of late and the mention of Owen Hargreaves at City has taken many by surprise and has been met with very differing opinions,yet the powers that be at City see the player and the man who is Owen Hargreaves and have the will and tenacity to say " this man deserves a break and and we will give it to him"..this isnt feeling sorry for him by any means, its a club with ambition taking on a player that on his day is very very good and this move has been made to better the squad at our club.

If this comes off and all goes well then we can be proud as fans to have Owen Hargreaves here fighting our cause.. Owen Hargreaves really can be our "Cinderella Man" as this would truly be a rags to riches story,and could have one hell of a happy ending.

Quite literally Sam - from the rags to the richest!!

zangatangring said:
I hope this transfer speculation falsifies the argument of those who didn't consider an extra signing after Nasri *cough* Dax777 *cough*.

I can see this culminating in a calamity though.
So you're saying that you think this may be a bad move by City, even though you didn't know who he was 30 minutes ago?

BringBackSwales said:
greeny-ctid said:
can somebody tell me why it says i didnt make the thread anymore? thanks

dunno mate, you were the first to post it in this mforum, not sure if someone beat you to it in the main forum? Mods should sort this cos if Greeny posted this first then it should surely be in his name?

i believe i was the first one to post it mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.