own up if you wanted Ireland out last season thread

I was quoted as saying "7 million? I'd take two and I'd drive him there myself!" in relation to his potential move to sunderland. In my defence I refuse to believe the player we see today is the same as last year, I mean who can lose all that hair so quickly!! I for one am suspicious!!

Completely new player, new attitude, new level!

ok,my hands up.went to coms last year v birmingham and groaned every time he got the ball.(justified at the time).
welldone stevie !
if only my sisters wedding was this year instead,ah well :(

i thought he was crap but he was young so i didn't want to get rid of him.

i'd say the same thing for Jo; the potential's there, but he's a head case at the moment. maybe a loan move, but the only excuse for dumping him would be if we won't have to pay the rest of the 19 million. that said, the people saying "get rid of MIcah" are beyond ridiculous.

Up until LAST October when a friend of his had word with me (no, really), and an old Swedish bloke (no one you know) told me I was "watching" him the wrong way. Before then I couldn't stand him tbh. He's done exactly what these two blokes told me he would do. No credit to me.

Never wanted him out, wouldn't want one of my own out in cold blood like some people here would have Johnson off tomorrow.

We don't need to sell anyone, not a soul, and shouldn't. We need as much cover as we can get and competition for every single spot on the pitch, if that means having 5 different strikers battling it out for it, yes please.

I wanted him out as well, but i'm really pleased he has proved me wrong. God knows where we would be this season if Stevie had not found this new lease of life!

It's obvious his head was in bits last year, and he has proved what can be achieved with some hard work and determination.

Spent more time last season tellin the bloke behind me to shut the fck up slagging Ireland off than I did watching the game (not a bad thing January onwards). He's a young player with all the potential in the world, you could see how good he could be if handled right and the right players around him. Well done to him, and to Hughes for pointing him in the right direction. He was frustrating at times but he was in a struggling team and got slaughtered every time he made a mistake, which isn't good for confidence. The bloke behind has moved this season to the Bell end and is probably claiming he's always liked Stevie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.